Author Topic: Lutron Caseta works!  (Read 24088 times)

Offline jquincy

Re: Lutron Caseta works!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 04:09:54 pm »
Confirm Smart Bridge Pro.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 08:45:22 pm »
Note that you can also integrate your Caseta lights using the Wink Hub and the Wink app (instead of the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro RA2 app).  Also works great, but of course has the requirement that the Wink and Vera be internet connected to work.  I went the Wink route because it was cheaper out of the gate to experiment with, and would allow me to include zigbee items if I was ever inclined, control hue lights etc as well.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:22 pm »
I installed a few Caseta switches and some Pico remotes in a apartment for my daughter. We are using Wink to control them. So far it has worked terrific. Battery life of the Pico is rated at 10 yrs.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »
One other bit of information I would add is that I have 3 Pico remotes working with a Caseta dimmer in a 4 way situation. I have not had a problem yet of keeping the switches in sync.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 04:10:11 pm »
Yes I could only get this to work with the Smart Bridge Pro

Offline serge

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 11:18:47 pm »
Note that you can also integrate your Caseta lights using the Wink Hub and the Wink app (instead of the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro RA2 app).  Also works great, but of course has the requirement that the Wink and Vera be internet connected to work.  I went the Wink route because it was cheaper out of the gate to experiment with, and would allow me to include zigbee items if I was ever inclined, control hue lights etc as well.
Did you set up Wink as a secondary controller to Vera, or vice versa? I am about to purchase Serena shades, and would like to find a way to integrate them to my home z-wave system (currently controlled via Vera 3). Thank you!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 02:10:45 am »
I didn't find that was nessisarily.  I just put all my z-waves  devices on the Vera directly and all the Zigbee, Lutron, Querky items on the Wink, but I use the Wink plug in to monitor and manipulate them. 

I am not sure the Wink can be made a secondary to the Vera and would only be needed if you wanted Wink to control,the z-wave devices.  I guessing you could make the Vera a secondary to the Wink, but I don't see the benefit of doing that.

Offline serge

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 02:42:15 pm »
I didn't find that was nessisarily.  I just put all my z-waves  devices on the Vera directly and all the Zigbee, Lutron, Querky items on the Wink, but I use the Wink plug in to monitor and manipulate them. 

I am not sure the Wink can be made a secondary to the Vera and would only be needed if you wanted Wink to control,the z-wave devices.  I guessing you could make the Vera a secondary to the Wink, but I don't see the benefit of doing that.

Thanks a lot! Sounds like a plan! I can't wait to get my hands on the shades; it takes forever to get them after the order (15-20 business days)...

Offline lholho

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 12:58:28 am »
Has anyone managed to get a Pico with Smart Bridge Pro integrated with the Vera?   I have one Dimmer (D:3).   Whenever, I try to include the Pico as (K:2), I get a communication error.   Without the K:2, my one dimmer works fine.

Offline NickTheGreat

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »

Thanks a lot! Sounds like a plan! I can't wait to get my hands on the shades; it takes forever to get them after the order (15-20 business days)...

I'll be curious to see what you think.  I'm casually interested in shades, but don't want to spend any more than I have to  :)

Offline serge

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

I'll be curious to see what you think.  I'm casually interested in shades, but don't want to spend any more than I have to  :)

Well, right now they offer 25% off until 12/2/15 if you order 3 or more shades. I have never seen more than 20% off, so now looks like a good time. I agree they are expensive, but I like the look of the rolls without fascia, and nothing else is as neat IMO. There accessories are crazy expensive, and you can buy them elsewhere. Like 10-line power panel they sell for $800 - you can buy CCTV camera power supply for $40-50 instead. I'll let you know how it works once the order comes and I have time to install it.

Offline gordomatic

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:09 am »
I just replaced 4 cooper switches that I could not seem to keep in sync with Lutron Casetta. Now everyone in the house is happy. They work Brilliantly. Preferred the looks of the Cooper but oh well. Adam thanks for the help.

No problem! Just to confirm for anyone reading this in the future, this is only working with the Smart Bridge Pro now, correct? You weren't able to get it working with the basic model?

Can anyone confirm which Lutron bridge works with Vera Lite/UI5 please; Basic(L-BDG2-WH), Pro(L-BDGPRO-WH) or Pro2(L-BDGPRO2-WH)?

Thanks!

Offline adamfox

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 10:17:52 am »
Can anyone confirm which Lutron bridge works with Vera Lite/UI5 please; Basic(L-BDG2-WH), Pro(L-BDGPRO-WH) or Pro2(L-BDGPRO2-WH)?

Both of the Pro models work. The basic does not.

Offline ilans1

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 04:14:00 pm »
Guys,

Have a question related to Caseta and hoping you can help: I have a front door camera that is capable of sending IP messages to other devices on my LAN. I have a Caseta Smart Bridge Pro as well. I've been playing around with getting the camera to brighten the patio lights as someone approaches the front door and have so far got it to work using IFTTT and a Harmony Hub, but the delay via IFTT is just too much for this to be practical. I was hoping to get around this by sending an IP command over Telnet from the camera directly to the Caseta bridge. Is this possible? If so, what would the syntax be to activate a scene?

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 06:36:56 am »
I was hoping to get around this by sending an IP command over Telnet from the camera directly to the Caseta bridge. Is this possible?

No... It is NOT possible...

Most IP cameras do not support sending custom IP commands to other devices.... AND... The Caseta Smartbridge (and Smartbridge Pro) protects it's command ports with Telnet (Smartbridge pro only) or SSH (Both basic and Pro)...

In order to send a command directly to the smartbridge, you camera would need to make a telnet or SSH connection to the bridge, and then send the command through the telnet or ssh pipe.

If you set up the RadioRa2 Gateway plugin, you can use then have the camera send a trigger to the Vera and the Vera can trigger the smartbridge...

On a related note....
I have been looking at creating a Lutron Caseta plugin... One that will work with the basic and pro models...
So far, I have been able to figure out the protocol used by the SSH port (that is present on both models) on the Smartbridge... and can control the devices attached to the bridge manually via the SSH client (dropbear) that is present in the Vera firmware...
The problem is that the supplied SSH client will not reliably send/receive commands/status from the command line...
EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - MyQGateway