Author Topic: House Modes Plugin  (Read 9672 times)

Offline gerardosamara

Re: House Modes Plugin
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 10:33:42 am »
Hello,

The House Modes handling has changed a bit in UI7 over the last couple of months and that is why the promised update to the House Modes Plugin has been delayed. I did some changes, now it works on Secure controllers and it also takes into consideration the Mode Change Delay so it wont switch between modes two times because of that.

I have attached the new plugin files but this latest version only works on UI7 7.0.5 (1.7.541/1.7.1018) and that is why it is not public yet. Depending on your feedback and the number of people that upgrade to the latest firmware version it will be out soon.

You will have to go to Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup files and upload the attached files. "Restart Luup after upload" needs to be checked.

@mcv.steve

My need is to execute Lua code when the UI house mode change.

After uploaded the 4 files of the plugin ,I have created a test scene as follow in UI7.0.11 :

- Device trigger = House mode changed to HOME
- Device action = Smart switch to OFF
- Scene run in mode = Night or Away

When I change the house mode in the UI from Away to Home , the scene does not run .

Please can you tell if is this working on your side ?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:37:30 am by gerardosamara »
VeraLite+VeraEdge/EnOcean version US en UI7.1.17 + Vera Mobile UI7 V7.15.17.40 + Imperihome pro V2.8.3
Wall switch : Leviton VRS15 , Smart switch : Aeotec DSC24 , Motion sensor : Aeotec 4in1 DSB05 + Everspring HSP02 , Cameras Dlink 742L + Foscam 8910 + Foscam 9853EP

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 11:39:31 am »
You need to wait for a while ... there is a POLLING loop in the plugin that checks for the changes.

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »
Thanks Richard , but I waited a long time  and no scene execution .
How long is this polling phase?
VeraLite+VeraEdge/EnOcean version US en UI7.1.17 + Vera Mobile UI7 V7.15.17.40 + Imperihome pro V2.8.3
Wall switch : Leviton VRS15 , Smart switch : Aeotec DSC24 , Motion sensor : Aeotec 4in1 DSB05 + Everspring HSP02 , Cameras Dlink 742L + Foscam 8910 + Foscam 9853EP

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:39 am »
@mcv.steve ,

As requested by you, you got 3 negative feedacks ( @nicripsia , @davidvd and @gerardosamara ) .
There are no positive feedback in the thread s I assume that the plugin is not working .

So please whats next ?

andreimios

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 10:50:33 am »
Hi gerardosamara,

There is no need to manually install the plugin with files provided by Steve, it is now available in apps. It can be installed from Vera's UI, Apps/Install Apps menu. To be sure you have the latest version please uninstall the plugin you have and re-install it from the menu mentioned above.

Now regarding your question :
My need is to execute Lua code when the UI house mode change.

After uploaded the 4 files of the plugin ,I have created a test scene as follow in UI7.0.11 :

- Device trigger = House mode changed to HOME
- Device action = Smart switch to OFF
- Scene run in mode = Night or Away

When I change the house mode in the UI from Away to Home , the scene does not run .

Please can you tell if is this working on your side ?

You selected as a trigger : House mode changed to HOME. This means that house mode first changes to "Home" and after that the trigger is generated. You also selected to tun the scene in "Night" or "Away" mode. Taking this in consideration I can say that your scene will never run. You should change your scene logic.

All the Bests,

- Andrei -

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 11:15:10 am »
Just out of curiosity, whey wouldn't this be built into a future incremental release of UI7 instead of having to rely on a plugin.  If GetVera wants to implement House Modes it would make sense to bake this ability into the OS directly.

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 06:33:46 pm »
@mcv.andrei ,

Thanks for your reply,

1) For the installation of the plugin , I have downloaded the 4 files in my PC and then uploaded to Vera from Vera's UI, Apps/Install Apps menu , as you described.

I have used the files from the post of mcv.steve dated 10th march 2015

2) Concerning the scene logic , I want to switch off a smart swith when the mode is changed from Away to Home ( when returning to home) so my mistake as I understand your comment , is that the scene must run the Home mode ( the new house mode after the change AWAY -> Home mode ) and not the Away mode ( house mode before the change)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:43:44 pm by gerardosamara »

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 07:33:38 pm »
@mcv.andrei ,

Thanks for your reply,

1) For the installation of the plugin , I have downloaded the 4 files in my PC and then uploaded to Vera from Vera's UI, Apps/Install Apps menu , as you described.

I have used the files from the post of mcv.steve dated 10th march 2015

2) Concerning the scene logic , I want to switch off a smart swith when the mode is changed from Away to Home ( when returning to home) so my mistake as I understand your comment , is that the scene must run the Home mode ( the new house mode after the change AWAY -> Home mode ) and not the Away mode ( house mode before the change)

I think it was that you wanted it to run when changed to Home Mode WHILE in Night or Away Mode.  You can't have it run in multiple modes at the same time.  Home Mode can be run at night with use of a schedule.  Not sure how you can run Home and Away at the same time.

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:59 pm »
To have the expected behavior , as per last tests , the scene must be setup to run in Any mode ( Home + Away + Night + Vacation  selected in the Vera UI for these 2 scenes :

- Scene 1 : The smart switch is OFF when changing mode from Away to Home
- Scene 2 : The smartswitch is ON when changing mode from Home to Away

I will try to narrow the Any Mode (Home+Away+Night+Vacation) to a minimum combination of expected mode by the system as this is not normal.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 10:21:18 pm »
I'm using the house modes plugin to set various equipment on or off depending on Home or Away and also use LUA to run a scene on my Ui5 Vera. I'm not experiencing any issue.

Basically the trigger is house modes plugin going to away mode.
Several sensors are armed and equip is switched off
I run below LUUP code to execute a scene on my other Vera.

luup.inet.wget("http://IP_ADDRESS:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=10", 5, "", "")

The second scene does the same thing only uses the plugin going to home mode as a trigger.
Sensors are disarmed and equip switched back on.
Below LUUP is run to execute a scene on my other Vera.

luup.inet.wget("http://IP_ADDRESS:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=11", 5, "", "")

I'm unsure why you are encountering issues with the plugin. Do note, by default house modes is set to a 30 second delay before doing anything. This can be changed on the dashboard by clicking the > next to My Modes and scrolling down to where those settings are listed.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 11:07:35 am »

To have the expected behavior , as per last tests , the scene must be setup to run in the new mode in the Vera UI :

- Scene 1 : The smart switch is OFF when changing mode from Away to Home   -> Scene setup = Run in HOME mode
- Scene 2 : The smartswitch is ON when changing mode from Home to Away     -> Scene setup = Run in Away ode

Problem closed

Offline rafale77

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 10:53:26 am »
Interesting read

I have a similar problem as gerardosamara:
I want to trigger a scene when going from night to home mode and only in that case. I do not want to run the scene when going from away to home or vacation to home.
Setting up the scene to run only in night mode works if one toggles the house mode through the plugin but it doesn't if it is toggled outside of it.

For me to setup the scene to run in Home mode now means that the scene will run for the other cases...

I suppose this is due to the delay incurred for the polling when the house mode is not toggled by the plugin itself.

Could scenes be added to the my modes page so that they would trigger just like the switches and sensor without have this delay?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:55:57 am by anhman »
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 12:10:39 pm »

Setting up the scene to run only in night mode works if one toggles the house mode through the plugin but it doesn't if it is toggled outside of it.

For me to setup the scene to run in Home mode now means that the scene will run for the other cases...

I suppose this is due to the delay incurred for the polling when the house mode is not toggled by the plugin itself.

The only reason I am using the House mode plugin is because the UI house mode does not offer the possibility to run Luup Code  ( when house mode is setup to home ( Desactivate motion detection in Cameras)  or to Away/Night mode ( Activate motion detection in Cameras)

This missing feature ( running Luup code)  has to be added in the UI house mode by mcv , in my opinion
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:26:17 am by gerardosamara »

Offline rafale77

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 10:20:39 am »

The only reason I am using the House mode plugin is because the UI house mode does not offer the possibility to run Luup Code  ( when house mode is setup to home ( Desactivate motion detection in Cameras)  or to Away/Night mode ( Activate motion detection in Cameras)

This missing feature ( running Luup code)  has to be added in the UI house mode by mcv , in my opinion

Yeah being able to trigger scenes like switches for the house modes would enable us to write luup codes since we can do so in the scenes themselves...  I am basically asking for the same thing.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline Tlex

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 03:59:06 pm »
You need to wait for a while ... there is a POLLING loop in the plugin that checks for the changes.

I was wondering... is that polling loop configured via "POLLING_RATE" ? if so, what is the timescale ? ms ? s? mins ?