Author Topic: House Modes Plugin  (Read 10349 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: House Modes Plugin
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:46 pm »
It's less than a minute ... I think it is in the 15 - 45 second range.
As I recall PLEG POLLS at a faster rate and it uses 15s.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 05:13:56 pm »
Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but I'm a little confused about something with this plugin.
I recently tried to set up scenes that use the House Modes plugin, watching my alarm system status to set the Vera accordingly. For some reason today, I started receiving notifications that my motion sensors were being triggered as I moved around my apartment. I don't recall changing anything to do with notifications.
Does the House Modes plugin change anything that would modify notifications? I'm unclear on exactly what the House Modes do, aside from basically being a variable with some icons to reflect which mode the Vera is in.

Thanks in advance.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 06:48:47 pm »
House Modes plugin just adds the ability to use HM as trigger in scenes.
Does not do anything on it;s own, unless used in scenes.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Quixote

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »
Ok, so it means that I must've inadvertently changed the armed status? Does having the sensor "armed" automatically send notifications? Does "disarming" them have any effect on whether or not my scenes with scripts that are triggered by those sensors execute? I'm not sure what else could have changed that would cause the notifications to start.
Thanks for your assistance.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline packman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 07:34:23 pm »
I would like to turn the porch light on when I'm in away mode but only if its sunset. I figured I could do this with the House Modes Plugin. But when I go to restrict the trigger to a certain time I can only select an exact time. There is no selection for sunrise or sunset like when you setup a schedule. Is there another way of doing this?

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:25 pm »
I would use PLEG, otherwise, you may need multiple scenes, some virtual switches, and a combination switch.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline packman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 07:10:00 pm »
I would use PLEG, otherwise, you may need multiple scenes, some virtual switches, and a combination switch.

I've never used PLEG and after watching an introductory video on PLEG I don't think it's for me. I just don't understand why something as simple as turning on a light in Away mode at sunset should be so complicated to do.

Offline jswim788

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 08:23:22 pm »
I just don't understand why something as simple as turning on a light in Away mode at sunset should be so complicated to do.
For Vera, that's just the way it is.  Here is one answer to your question (I'm sure there are other approaches and you've already ruled out PLEG):
1) Get the Day or Night plugin: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=12806.0
2) Use it to trigger a scene that turns on the lights at sunset (can also set an offset if desired)
3) Make the scene conditional based on the state of the house mode.  See the conditional scene examples here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=18679.0  And to get the house mode into lua for the conditional scene, you can use this:
Code: [Select]
local mode = luup.attr_get "Mode"
Edit - easier way to get similar functionality with no plugins, no PLEG:

1) make a scene that turns on the light and runs every 5 minutes or so
2) add the following lua code to the scene to make it conditional on both night and away mode
3) done
Code: [Select]
local mode = luup.attr_get "Mode"
return (mode == "2" and luup.is_night())
Now, within 5 minutes of both Away mode and night, the light will turn on.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:05:20 pm by jswim788 »

Online Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 09:16:40 pm »
PLEG makes it simpler - you set up 3 triggers (sunset, house mode, switch status), and create 2 conditions, 1 for turning  it on, and one for turning it off. You then create your switch on action and switch off action. Even if Vera restarts, PLEG will still run the actions.

I have my exterior lights set to come one at sunset minus x minutes.  x = 0 if the skies are clear, 15 min. if overcast, and 30 min. if raining.

My porch light comes on, day or night, when the front door is open.

All this can be done with scenes but scenes are limited to OR logic whereas PLEG allows AND logic.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.