We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Tinkering with concept of having inline device view  (Read 1345 times)

Offline mramgine

Tinkering with concept of having inline device view
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:25:47 pm »
What i like about this is it keep you on the start page and it actually doesn't look like ass.  Obviously the screen is dummy controls but it would render based on the services available on the device in real time.  I haven't figured out the logistics of working on multiple items yet but i'm thinking i might be able to do something more fancy with just staying on the main page. Here's a couple of screens.  Let me know if you like the concept.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline comment23

Re: Tinkering with concept of having inline device view
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »
Definitely like the idea of not having to flip to another page/screen in order to take action on an item.  However, we would need some way to implode the extra dialog once we do the certain action/function of the device.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »
Its actually not a popup or window.  It basically renders the UI inside the parent control which shows the name, icon and other info.  Currently to close them you click the header or just click another item.  The video below is where i got some inspiration. I'd love to see this added to the live tiles in windows.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/14/microsoft_research_adds_interactivity_to_windows_8_live_tiles/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:33:32 pm by mramgine »
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline rarev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 03:03:11 pm »
If you're still open to ideas, how about this: Make it look like the standard calender app on Windows phone, the week view. I don't need the complete line for most devices, but for some I do.
The week view shows all days in the same size, but selecting a day makes it bigger and shows all the options.

Great app BTW, thanks