We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 issues  (Read 3497 times)

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
UI7 issues
« on: October 16, 2014, 05:29:35 pm »
I can't say I have scrubbed the forums to see if this has been beat to death ... but thought it may be useful.  I upgraded from Vera2 to Vera3 today.  I am now running UI7 (I skipped 6, figured why bother learning a new one...).

1) Upgrade went great.
2) Dashboard.  Huh?  I have to be in one of the four modes?  what if I don't want to be in one of the four modes - how do I un-highlight the Home mode?
3) I tried to customize the modes, but the thermostats don't let me set the a/c and heat temps separately.  How is that going to work? (and, see above, am I stuck in home mode?)
4) Can I add shortcuts?  This would be very cool - but sure seems like I can't change anything there.  That is a lot of real-estate for something that won't work for most people.
5) Some funky-tastic dialogue boxes.  (I was editing a scene and got "Are you sure you want to cancel?  OK or Cancel?" ... wait, uhm, ahhh.... ok, cancel the cancel!
(not a bug but...)
6) I would pay 200-300 $ for a decent GUI to really edit all my scenes.  Something like the Control4 s/w where you can see everything on one page.  No Apple feel/graphics, etc, just the words and boxes that I need.  Everything is so huge and preschool feeling.  You are trying to make it easy, and in the end it just makes my brain hurt clicking through so many different screens.  And make it more dense.  Everything is so spaced out.  Why is everything quadruple spaced?

Offline alienz

Re: UI7 issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »
hey, to make the gui easier on the eyes I made this: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27758.msg198154.html#msg198154

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:36:13 pm »
So, worked fine for a couple days, then it lost contact with all zwave devices.

Cameras still work, but everything zwave is just gone....

Maybe this upgrade thing was a bad ideal...

AND:  MAJOR ISSUE:

In a scene, you cant set the AC and Heat temp separately????  That means I have to redo the scene every season change.  This is a loss of capability from UI5??
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:20:43 pm by haveitall »

Offline alienz

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:41:52 pm »
yeah theres discussions about it in the thermostat forum, but basically they said within the next few weeks a major update is coming out that should fix the thermostat issue.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27712.new;topicseen#new

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »
yeah theres discussions about it in the thermostat forum, but basically they said within the next few weeks a major update is coming out that should fix the thermostat issue.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27712.new;topicseen#new

Hi alienz

Is "the next few weeks"  refer to MCV time or clock time..  I've noticed with MCV it always takes much longer than they expect to deliver a product!!

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline alienz

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 03:42:52 pm »
considering an mcv rep said it to me on the phone.. i would guess MCV time..

From what I have noticed though is since their rebranding, mcv time has sped up a bit. Also I would guess its in coordination with the product launch in the next few weeks, which they wouldn't delay.

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:37 pm »
PRODUCT LAUNCH???

If they launch a vera4 two weeks after I bought a Vera3, I will be ticked.

I set up my Vera2 over years - little at a time - and everything has always gone well.  Changing to a Vera3 is not going well though.  I woke up at midnight last night, and Vera had changed the temp in the house to 78 degrees (on four thermostats, so it was malicious and intentional).  Holy CRAP.  I am sitting here checking all the scenes and I can't find anything wrong.  It is also not running the morning scenes (the GUI says that they haven't run for days, yet claim they will run tomorrow morning).

Is this a UI7 problem?
Is this a Vera3 problem?

I am not happy about this.

And what is with the little frowny face on the house.  That isn't a very welcoming front page.  It claims a dozen or so of my zwave devices are not reporting in at any given time (even though I can control them).  I figured it would sort itself out after a few days, but no joy. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:42:16 pm by haveitall »

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:29 am »
Bad news then: See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26451.30.html

Verify the time zone setting in User and Account Info > Unit Settings.

The little frowny face on the house indicates you have completed all the set up... Verify the User and Account Info tabs.

The HouseMode Plugin may assist by utilising the Modes as part of your Scenes.

You can still forces a z-wave repair from Settings > Z-wave Setting > Repair (the second tab)

Not a Vera 3 Problem but UI7 and some UI7 knowledge may assist http://support.getvera.com

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »
I see that they now have created youtube training videos  which may also assist you

https://www.youtube.com/user/veratraining
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:06:17 pm by Brientim »

Offline haveitall

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »
Ok, one problem solved (I think)...

All the scenes ported over from my vera2 (about 50) all defaulted to running when in NO MODES.  I assume this means that they aren't running because I am always in some mode (I guess 'home').  And the scenes aren't supposed to run if none of the modes are checked?

1) Why port it over and have it default to NO MODES.  That is going to get EVERYONE.
2) Some of my scenes were showing that they had triggered -  that is what was confusing me.  These appear to have been the scenes that were triggered based on a scene being set (I.e. auto off triggers).  This way, the UI7 showed that the scene 'triggered' at such-and-so time, even though when it came time to execute the auto-off (twenty minutes later) - it didn't actually run (since no mode was checked).  This is the best I can figure.