Author Topic: UI7 and Smart Virtual Thermostat  (Read 4231 times)

Offline martina1965

• Sr. Newbie
UI7 and Smart Virtual Thermostat
« on: October 28, 2014, 08:20:44 am »
First of all sorry for my bad English!!

I would like to use Fibaro Universal Sensor with two DS18B20 as temperature sensors for my house instead of buying dedicated Thermostat.

My intention is to place the two DS18B20 in each of the two floors of my house and to control the two existing hot water valves by Fibaro relays.

The point is: witch kind of application I should use with UI7? Is it the Smart Virtual Thermostat working? Is there anything else I could use to  drive the relays on-off at a different day,time and temperature conditions?

Any other  intelligent App?

Thanks for your replay and suggestion.

PS. I've already an account for PLEG but I'm wondering if I can use any already made app.

Offline clisse

Re: UI7 and Smart Virtual Thermostat
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:58:45 am »
I want to do all most the same. Have you found a solution. Smart Virtual Thermostat does not seem to work in UI7?

- Claus

Offline antrock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:16:54 am »
I am using Netatmo indoor sensor and Fibaro relay to control hot water valve and would love to see this plug-in working on UI7!

Offline martina1965

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:24:54 pm »
We should need somebody with UI7 to test it...  I than would try to buy a new edge...

Offline martina1965

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:26:40 pm »
We should need somebody with UI7 to test it...  I than would try to buy a new edge...

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 06:59:01 am »
Not working under UI7
:(

Offline martina1965

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 09:02:28 am »
That's a pity. I'm using it under ui5 with temperature sensors from Fibaro relays. Is there any other way or plugin to use these sensors to drive the boiler's activators and to set the tempermerature points by a schedule in Ui7?

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 03:50:45 am »
No way :(...momentary. If Sometime, somebody write the schedule task or lua code...

Offline martina1965

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 04:18:41 am »
Have a look here:
For the Virtual Thermostat plugin you can try this (in french) :<br /><br />http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&amp;t=8307&amp;start=684#p124941<br/>

Offline hologram

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 03:01:55 am »
For anyone else that might want to do something like this I will share some of my experiences:

I have a VeraEdge (UI7), several Firbaro Universal Sensors, and several other battery operated sensors (combined motion detectors and temperature sensors.)
For heater/appliance control I currently use Fibaro Wall Switches.

Right now I have four rooms that are run by the Smart Virtual Thermostat, and it works fairly well.

The Smart Virtual Thermostat supports two setpoints, "Normal" and "Eco". These can be switched manually or through scenes/lua.
I have set up two scheduled scenes for each room that is controlled by such a thermostat, one that sets the thermostat to "Eco" and one that sets it to "Normal".
This works very well (even if I would optimally want some sort of calendar based scheduling..)

I also use ImperiHome on a wall mounted tablet in the kitchen to control the system and ImperiHome finds and displays the Smart Virtual Thermostat perfectly.
In fact it displays it better than anything made by Vera, both the WebUI and the app (the app is simply unable to view the thermostat alltogether...).

Pitfalls 1:
- Vera has essentially killed effective climate control by removing support for decimals in the reported temperatures. One can only imagine why on earth they would do this, and they turn rather bitchy about it if someone mentions it (http://support.micasaverde.com/customer/portal/questions/1330048-temperature-values-in-vera-missing-decimals) so I can only guess that they in their hearts knows that it was a completely idiotic decision.
This obviously lowers the effectiveness and the accuracy of the virtual thermostat, but it will still work, and if the rooms heat up and cool down fairly slowly it will work well enough.

Pitfall 2:
The Smart Virtual Thermostat can use any temperature sensor as input, but beware that some battery operated modules reports quite seldom by default.
If you plan to use such a device for this purpose you should configure it to report at the maximum frequency and/or with the maximum sensitivity.
(One of my modules requires +-2 degree change to report, and at default it reports every six hours. The sensitivity is not configurable, and the minimum interval was 30 minutes... As a result it is not very well suited to be used together with a Virtual Thermostat...)

Offline rockthelobster

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 11:50:47 am »
Hi,
Im trying to set up Smart Virtual Thermostat on UI7 but can't find any documentation. I have room with a Aontec 6in1 sensor and a wall plug that controls an electric heater. I can't figure out how to set it up though, how to specify what thermometer to use as input and what plug to use as output.

could you give me a hint how to set this up?
cheers,
Robin

Offline icare

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 10:46:07 am »
Under UI5, the smart virtual thermostat displays the current temperature as well as red-blue colored comfort-eco target temperature with unit DegC.
Under UI7, These are missing.
I can't identify a specific code in the plug in files which causes this difference. Is there a way to rectify this or should I assume this to be the limitation of the UI7 GUI!
Rgds
Dick

Offline vacumaster

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 07:33:43 am »
Smart Virtual Thermostat still doesn't work properly under UI7  >:( >:(

I wonder if they ever will fix this ???

Offline vacumaster

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 10:31:02 am »
I'm also using the Smart Virtual Thermostat and it is working OK
But as "icare" mention...it doesn't show the current temperature  :-[

I have just switched from Ver3 UI5 to a Vera+ with UI7 and I must say that I am very dissapointed of UI7.
I can not find anything that is better in UI7 !

Offline Kollis

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 05:48:38 am »
Hello,

I am running UI7 on a VeraLite. I am trying to utilize the Smart Virtual Thermostat to control my heaters. Using a Fibaro FGMS-001 as indoor temperature sensor, and a Eversping/Nexa relay module as actuator. I have a really annoying problem that the thermostat uses the setpoint (either comfort or eco - whichever is active), as current temperature?!?! I only use the mandatory variables in the config - "inside temp sensor" and "heaters". Please find attached images. On the image from the "variables" pane, you'll see "CurrentTemperature" as 18, which is the eco setpoint. The Fibaro 3-in-1 reports 20,7. What am I doing wrong? Some tips?