Author Topic: UI7 and Smart Virtual Thermostat  (Read 4926 times)

Offline hologram

Re: UI7 and Smart Virtual Thermostat
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 04:37:33 pm »
Afaik the smart virtual thermostat will update it's value to the reported value _the next time the sensor reports_, which actually makes sense if you think about it.
(This also underlines the imprtance of configuring the sensor to send updates as often as possible.)

On a side note, my "create device" button has disappeared from the smart virtual thermostat app? Anyone else experienced that?

Offline hologram

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »
I'm still struggeling with the "create device" button not showing in my "smart virtual thermostat" app.
I have been in contact with support about it as well, but they seem to avoid answering and really are less than helpfull tbh...
Would anyone with VeraEdge, on the latest FW, be able to test if it works for you? Just see if you are able to create some 4-5 thermostats? No need to configure them, I just want to verify wether this is a local issue or some global thing..
I'm starting to all conspiratory about it, believing micasaverde purposly killed the app to force me and others like me to buy actual physical thermostats.....

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:53 am »
Hey

I created 3..

I did so by manually creating the devices like this the screenshot

Offline hologram

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »
Thx konradwalsh, I managed to create devices the way you did.
Simultaniously support got back the create device button.
None of the new devices works though.... They give "Lua startup failure. Can't detect device"... My three old virtual thermostats works just fine though.. So something is still wrong with my app and or my vera edge as a whole..