We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VeraEdge Bridging Together  (Read 21726 times)

Offline youataknow

• Sr. Newbie
Re: VeraEdge Bridging Together
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »
I know this is an older post but it was somewhat helpful for me.  I have 2 VeraLites.  Lets call them Master and Slave.  Up until last week they were both on UI5 (never took the plunge to upgrade) and my Master controlled everything on the Slave just fine (as a UPNP device).  I upgraded both Units to UI7 and for the most part that wasn't bad.  It is quite different so after years of UI5 I'm having to rethink the way I had some of my stuff was setup.  My biggest part is the UPNP bridge.  It never connected back and the devices couldn't see each other.  I then followed the steps of changing the 192.168.81.1 IP on the Slave unit to 192.168.81.2.  I'm puzzled as to why Vera would use an IP on a port for UPNP broadcast packets that doesn't exist but that's another thread.  It does make sense as to why they both can't be 81.1.  So changing the IP on the Slave worked fine, and then reboot both.  My Slave can see my Master but not visa versa.  I then changed my Master from 81.1 to 81.3.  Just to see if there's something stuck on it thinking 81.1 is a gateway.  Reboot both units and still the same.  My slave can see my master but not the other way.  So for testing purposes I then told my slave to go ahead and add my master as a UPNP device and it worked fine.  It pulled in all the devices. 

So now I'm finally to where I'm looking for some guidance.  I'm ok with any of the options I think I can go with.

1:  I don't mind my Slave unit seeing my master but I'd really like some thoughts on how to flip this.   I prefer my master to be the one controlling the slave.

2:  If I can get my master to see the slave then I need to know how to delete a UPNP device.  I'm not seeing that as an option under devices.

Worst case scenario:

3:  My Master is connected to my Alarm system via Serial.  So my slave is now trying to open a serial port, which it doesn't have, to try and talk to the unit.  I'm not sure why it's doing that since it should see it through the master.  So my question is how can I remove some of the devices that were pulled in off the Master?  Is it even possible for you to specific what parts of a UPNP device you want?  If I can't get my master to see my slave I can have my slave watch for status changes and then react.  Which is OK just not the best way to handle this.

Offline gsegovia15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »
I had a similar issue last week. It was easier for me since I upgraded to the veraplus. After I did that the veralite (slave) created a scene controller. So what I did was after making sure my device's worked on the veraplus.basically I disconnected the veralite and everything was still on the plus. I went ahead and rested the veralite to factory. Tried bridging the units together and the veraplus wouldnt pickup the device I had on the vera plus. So I called customer care. And we came to the conclusion that after I had rested the veralite I need to rest the z wave network on it too. Then tried bridging the vera's again. Now it's working.

Hope I explained it In a understanding way. Side note customer care did everything for me while I was on the phone with them. Took about 30min.

Offline bluezr1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »
I had a similar issue last week. It was easier for me since I upgraded to the veraplus. After I did that the veralite (slave) created a scene controller. So what I did was after making sure my device's worked on the veraplus.basically I disconnected the veralite and everything was still on the plus. I went ahead and rested the veralite to factory. Tried bridging the units together and the veraplus wouldnt pickup the device I had on the vera plus. So I called customer care. And we came to the conclusion that after I had rested the veralite I need to rest the z wave network on it too. Then tried bridging the vera's again. Now it's working.

Hope I explained it In a understanding way. Side note customer care did everything for me while I was on the phone with them. Took about 30min.

So basically you had to set the IP/sub net addresses?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline gsegovia15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:25 am »

So basically you had to set the IP/sub net addresses?  thats the first thing i did. give both of the veras static ip addresses. assign the vera ip(192.168.1.xx) address thats out of dchp range. and then subnet(255.255.255.0) and gateway ip (at&t default ip)(192.168.1.254). your default might be different but its the most common.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk