Author Topic: Global Cache GC100 and UI7  (Read 11920 times)

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Global Cache GC100 and UI7
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 09:17:51 pm »
Looks like it might be the same issue. For my IR devices, all exhibit the same behavior as the GC100 plugin before the fix, no settings pages. I'm going to open the files you provided and review them vs the original GC100, see if I can recreate the same fix for an IR device.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:21:03 pm »
Unfortunately, I think that's about as much as I can help.  I don't have an actual GC100 or any experience with IR devices that I could troubleshoot myself.

Good luck!

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 09:27:55 pm »
Thanks again JoeyD, I uploaded the attached files in the same fashion you did, or at least that was my attempt. Unfortunately it didn't seem to make any difference. I was going to remove my IR devices and then add them again, but oddly, I can't find the IR device option in UI7 at all. Its as if its been removed...

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »
Looks like it might be the same issue. For my IR devices, all exhibit the same behavior as the GC100 plugin before the fix, no settings pages. I'm going to open the files you provided and review them vs the original GC100, see if I can recreate the same fix for an IR device.

If your IR devices don't have a json file (just as the GC100 did not) you will have the same symptoms.

You will need to do the following:

1) You can make a copy of the .json file that I created for the GC100.
    a) by convention, the name of the file should be D_XXXXXX.json, where XXXX is common with the D_XXXX.xml file for the IR device.
    b) the only change you need to make to the file itself is at the end, where it says "device_type": "xxxxxxx".  Replace xxxxxxx with the exact text from the device file for the IR device in the <deviceType> tag.

2) Add a line to the D_XXXX.xml file of the IR device to references the json file the IR device. This is in the <staticJson> tag.  See the D_GC100.xml file, and be sure to use the correct capitalization.

You could attach a sample D_xxxx.xml file for an IR device if you want and I can provide the first sample for you to try out.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 09:34:45 pm »
It looks like there's a little more work to it with the IR devices. Currently, I don't have an xml and json file for each IR device, only the generic IrDevice1.xml. Not sure if they got removed in the upgrade to UI7 or what, but there's some info here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27304.0 about creating the needed files and getting them to work in UI7. Not as easy as UI5, but apparently doable. I'm going to work through that and see where I get. Thanks again for the help so far.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »
Is there any way to pull the luup files from a UI5 backup of my vera, from before I upgraded to UI7? Apparently these files have to be recreated, as the mechanism that existed in UI5 to generate them is no longer present, at least in this release. Starting to look like I'll just be waiting hopefully for a fix.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 09:45:20 pm »
Attached is a corrected D_IrDevice1.json file...you forgot to change the "device_type" line at the end.   ;)

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:50:26 pm »
Ahh. Simple mistake, thanks for catching it. Unfortunately, no change. I'm admittedly over my head at this point, but as I said before, there's no xml or json files for the individual IR devices any longer, and I'm assuming that's where the problem is. The ability to add an IR device directly is apparently gone in UI7, so the only option is to manually recreate those files, which includes capturing the IR codes for each device. Not sure if that's something I'm willing to go through, especially since there's no guarantee it will work even then.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 09:52:31 pm »
And I think the mechanism to "create an IR device" (for now at least) is to go to "Apps...develop Apps....create Device"...type in a description and then type in the device file "D_IrDevice1.xml" into the Upnp Device Filename field.

But then, I'm just grasping at straws since I really don't know how IR devices interact with the rest of the system.

It may need to be created as a child of the GC100...but again, I really don't know how this is all designed to work...

Offline jmurphy644

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »
Did you just put these files in /etc/cmh-ludl and then recompress them?   I'm wanting to try this to see if it can fix my problem but not quite sure of the exact order of operations that would make it work.

==============
Never mind, I realized that I had to upload them through the develop app interface.   Once I did that I have the GC100 working correctly but now I need to figure out the IR device part.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:07:17 pm by jmurphy644 »

Offline felipeaqual

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »
Good evening everyone.
Someone got the plugin GC100 work in UI7? Already tried everything, and I can not.
I worked with Sq blaster, then the factory closed. I had to migrate quickly to the Global Cache, because I have clients of construction in progress.
SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?
thanks for attention.

Offline mrv777

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 03:27:36 pm »
I'm surprised there aren't more people chiming in about this plugin.  Has everyone moved over to the logitech hub?
I got a iTach Flex for the family room because I thought it would be the best way to integrate my home automation with an A/V setup.  Should I start looking at the Logitech Hub for when I finish my home theater?

Offline felipeaqual

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »
good question!!

Offline jmurphy644

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 05:43:25 pm »
I went ahead and moved over to the Logitech Harmony Hub....It's waaaaay better and easier.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 04:06:34 am »
I have the gc100...i absolutely hate that device..  Its slow and unreliable, in my opinion..
Need to check that hub. Are they only availble in the states?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk