Author Topic: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin  (Read 9455 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »
Anyone know when the hardware will work with 800-series Roombas?
The hardware already works with 800 from what I have seen. The problem is they don't have funding (working on that with no release date) to build a nice cover plate to hid the wifi dongle in and make it look completed. So basically the wifi dongle works but you need to cut a whole in the hood or leave it off to make it fit.

I ordered the 600 series setup the day it went up for sale and haven't received it yet. So might be awhile until your able to get your hands on an 800 series. 

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:56 pm »
Anyone in the US got their order for the ThinkingCleaner wifi?

I placed my order 3 plus weeks ago, and tracking doesn't show much (since its not inside the US). Just wondering if anyone else is receiving products over here?

EDIT: Nevermind I placed my order over a Month ago on Dec. 31st.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:16:14 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline EOppie

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 03:51:17 pm »
I have mine, works much better than the previous.

There are still some bugs in the app for android, such as push notifications not being reliable.  The developers seem to be pretty responsive though, and answer emails.

Offline asbeck37

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »
Yes, I actually accidentally clicked the order button twice and received two of them.  It took about 3 1/2 weeks to receive them.  I am in US as well.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 06:49:41 pm »
Yes, I actually accidentally clicked the order button twice and received two of them.  It took about 3 1/2 weeks to receive them.  I am in US as well.

Sure you don't have mine? LOL

I'm impatiently waiting for over a month now. They have responded to emails, but that really hasn't helped as the tracking shows nothing different from day one and currently next step is "Just wait another week" and then we do something. Which if they do end up having to ship another that only means another 3 weeks plus, so I'm hoping that's not the answer.

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 09:13:48 am »
I got the shipping email (no tracking number) and it took a couple of weeks. I didn't keep track how many. I think it's shipping via steamship from Europe.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »
Got mine Yesterday. Been playing with it, got a few questions.

First I installed this app but Looks like it might not be for ui7. I have no roomba icon, Get device lost communication/failure. Does seem to work beyond that.

On the actual ThinkingCleaner andriod app. The dashboard doesn't work when remote. The dashboard reads unknown and no battery status. I have the account setup and I can login via a web browser and it works remotely, just not on the app. Under options the account is setup in the app. 

Notifcations are delayed but a few min. in the app (which  do get remotely).

Anyone else have these issues?

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 05:40:42 am »
I too have had trouble with the app but my issue is simply I just continuously get app crashed messages so I have uninstalled. I also still get issues with roomba lossing wifi details when the router reboots.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 09:52:49 am »
I too have had trouble with the app but my issue is simply I just continuously get app crashed messages so I have uninstalled. I also still get issues with roomba lossing wifi details when the router reboots.

I also get chrases on the APP but I run custom roms and thought maybe it had to do with that. I have yet to reboot router, but I'll test that today also.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 06:07:13 pm »
Can we fix icons in ui7?

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 06:52:57 am »
I actually just order a second Vera to run the new UI and experiment. When I get it I will keep everyone posted. Hows it work on ui5?
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline yannicks

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 04:41:22 am »
Any news about availability of Thinking Cleaner version for 700/800 series ? Are they working on it ?

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:24 am »
Nothing I have heard. I am really hoping soon since both my roomba are 700 and 800 series
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline bpurchase

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »
Received my Thinking Cleaner board yesterday and have to say I'm impressed so far.

Just wondering if anyone has looked at using the plugin with PLEG? I'm trying to schedule the Roomba to clean when my house mode isn't home, deactivating a PIR before it cleans and reactivating it after.

I'm trying to get PLEG to do various things when the roomba status changes but although triggers for cleaning, docked, paused etc show up but don't ever seem to become true, no matter what the Roomba does.

Has anyone got it to work or do I need to look at doin it a different way?

Many Thanks

Ben

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 02:08:24 am »
I use pleg for this. You can also use the status numbers along with the names.