Author Topic: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin  (Read 11030 times)

Offline EOppie

Re: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 06:30:35 pm »
Is there an advanced command to run a "locate roomba" where it plays the music through Vera?

I am trying to do this as part of a scene where I ask Echo "where's roomba"

Offline bpurchase

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 10:01:03 am »
I use pleg for this. You can also use the status numbers along with the names.
What variables / triggers are you looking at in PLEG? My triggers never become true.

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 12:54:13 pm »
You can run the locate with wget ill get the full command when I get home. But it's pretty simple
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »
What variables / triggers are you looking at in PLEG? My triggers never become true.

Betty is my Roomba. Not only do I use PLEG to send here out when shes full and when we not home, but I dock her when we get home. I also use PLEG to pass threw this information to the a variable container plugin that sends the current data to my Imperihome app on my mobile devices. Pictures posted.

Offline bpurchase

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 12:25:40 pm »
Thanks! I've now got 'Rita' cleaning when we go out.

I see you look at the load level in your scene; what does it tell you?

Betty is my Roomba. Not only do I use PLEG to send here out when shes full and when we not home, but I dock her when we get home. I also use PLEG to pass threw this information to the a variable container plugin that sends the current data to my Imperihome app on my mobile devices. Pictures posted.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »
Thanks! I've now got 'Rita' cleaning when we go out.

I see you look at the load level in your scene; what does it tell you?

Not much really I was playing with that since the status could be several different things for charging. IE "charging" Trickle charging" "Docked"

Offline claushaaning

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »
Anyone using notifications in the ThinkingCleaner app?
It seems that the app doesen't send the notifications.
(VeraLite, UI5, app version 0.88)
Ex.
Name Roomba cleaning   
Description ThinkingCleaner Remote is cleaning
Notify <my username>

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »
Anyone using notifications in the ThinkingCleaner app?
It seems that the app doesen't send the notifications.
(VeraLite, UI5, app version 0.88)
Ex.
Name Roomba cleaning   
Description ThinkingCleaner Remote is cleaning
Notify <my username>

If your not talking about the VERA plugin but just the Android app, the Google Plus forum might be better for help on that. I have used PLEG and vera alerts to send me alerts, mostly if it gets stuck.

Other then that I have tried the notifications in the thinking cleaner plugin and they do work on my Android phone.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015, 03:50:36 am »
Round 2 Kickstarter

For those That have a Roomba 700/800 series Roomba, may remember that round 1 Kickstarter did not develop for those model.

From the report below they going to start a new Kickstarter campaign in the near future.

http://eepurl.com/bsn2u1

Offline rafale77

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 09:51:23 am »
Round 2 Kickstarter

For those That have a Roomba 700/800 series Roomba, may remember that round 1 Kickstarter did not develop for those model.

From the report below they going to start a new Kickstarter campaign in the near future.

http://eepurl.com/bsn2u1

I wish they had this sooner. I finally addressed all the problems with the roowifi and the plug in so I have no reason to get something else except for cosmetic...
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 122 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 10:20:49 am »
I can't wait for the cover for the 800 series. As a side not I had no problem selling my roowifi on eBay for the same price I paid plus shipping. Just in case anyone is looking to switch to TC
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline pmcpa

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:56 am »
Is there a ETA for the Kickstarter?  They don't mention it on their site, and google returns nothing... would love this for my 790
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:30:15 pm by pmcpa »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »
Is there a ETA for the Kickstarter?  They don't mention it on their site, and google returns nothing... would love this for my 790

Just so you know the modual will work for the 790 its the plate that is made that won't.

Kickstarter has been talked about for some time and in some or my recent emails I have seen it talked about again. I have not seen a date and the last kickstarter was unsuccessful in it's self but they were still able to go forward a produce the item anyways. 

Offline pmcpa

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
I know the current plate is 500-600 only, that's why I'm hoping for the new plate/module

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 07:50:56 pm »
I know the current plate is 500-600 only, that's why I'm hoping for the new plate/module

If you can't wait I would run without the plate. If not probley gonna be a long wait year plus for a kick starter to start, finish then ship.

Mine is parked under the bed and only runs when we are not home. I empty it out every 3 days or so. That and the few times it gets stuck are the only time I see it.