Author Topic: ELVira: Excel Log Viewer for Vera  (Read 8944 times)

Offline Grwebster

Re: ELVira: Excel Log Viewer for Vera
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »
Validating input has got to be the most painful part of programming.  Even where I work the programmers seem to miss it from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mda

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:42:34 pm »

Yes, if you restrict use to the "prompt for file on local PC" option from the Tile Transfer Setup menu, then it should not be too hard for me to get this to work on the Mac.  (Primarily, I think I just need to account for the difference in file system delimiters when grabbing files.

Yep, "prompt for file" would work fine.

Having said that, am I correct that Macs have built-in functionality to SCP (and so don't need a helper program like PSCP.EXE?).  If that's the case then at some point I would like to integrate support for that as well.

Yep, Mac is a Unix OS so scp is built in.

I don't have a mac to test it could be difficult

Happy to help test any time. Thanks !

Offline emyrold

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 11:18:36 am »
@JoeyD

Do you know if anyone has gotten this to work on Mac yet?

Thanks,

-e

Offline wezley69

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 07:40:16 pm »
My logs are on the USB drive I attached.  The default location doesn't seem to work with my Edge.  "Path not found"

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 10:07:19 am »
Have a look at the second post at I/O errors.

Offline wezley69

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »
I must be dense.  I still don't see what you are trying to refer to.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:04 pm »
I must be dense.  I still don't see what you are trying to refer to.

You need to establish the setup as per the design as detailed below, the default if they are not working will need to be changed to match your deployment.

File I/O Set-up (See attached screenshot)
Log File Source: Choose weather you'll be importing from VERA automatically, or if you want ELVira to prompt you for a local log file on your PC to import.  If you choose to prompt for a file, no additional set-up is needed.
PSCP Location: Browse to the location where your copy of PSCP.EXE is stored.
VERA Server: Enter in the IP address, port, SSH user name and password.  If you check-off "do not save password..." then whenever you save the excel workbook, the password will be erased so that it is not stored in the excel file.
Files: Enter in the path (default provided) for the VERA log file to import, and browse to the folder where you want the log files downloaded to on your PC.  You can opt to overwrite the local PC log file every time you import it, or have ELVira create new log files with a time-stamp every time you request a download.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 06:15:43 pm »
Add me to the dense list. I get a run time error 9 out of range. Something about an array not defined.

I have quadrupled checked my setup, got the files in the same spot, checked IP/port/password(root), and I know how to ssh into the Vera. When I run it I see the pscp come up and just stays on my screen for a long time and does nothing. If I x out of it I get the run time error. There is nothing in the temp text file that is created.

What other info can I give you?

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 06:18:34 pm »
Add me to the dense list. I get a run time error 9 out of range. Something about an array not defined.

I have quadrupled checked my setup, got the files in the same spot, checked IP/port/password(root), and I know how to ssh into the Vera. When I run it I see the pscp come up and just stays on my screen for a long time and does nothing. If I x out of it I get the run time error. There is nothing in the temp text file that is created.

Never call you "dense", that would not be my way.... I will fire up a windows session and go through the setup. If you have errors, screen captures of configuration and error reports may assist in narrowing in on the root cause.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

Never call you "dense", that would not be my way.... I will fire up a windows session and go through the setup. If you have errors, screen captures of configuration and error reports may assist in narrowing in on the root cause.

LOL, thanks. Screenshots attached.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
I have just download, and configured as per the first few post and encountered no errors.
The configuration I used is attached

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 06:27:01 pm »
The error message..

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:12 pm »
LOL!!!! Port 22 I'm calling myself dumb. I thought it was 3480. Jeez......works now. :(

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »
Looking quickly at the screen capture PSCP path = does that contain the file or is it contained the the same folder where you downloaded putty? By default it should be with putty. And, the blank screen indicates it is not finding it

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 06:29:39 pm »
Looking quickly at the screen capture PSCP path = does that contain the file or is it contained the the same folder where you downloaded putty? By default it should be with putty. And, the blank screen indicates it is not finding it

Thanks, see my post above. Port 22, not sure why I was fixated on 3480.