Author Topic: iAqualink Pool Control  (Read 17439 times)

Offline niharmehta

Re: iAqualink Pool Control
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2015, 02:29:21 pm »
My control board is the iQ900 and the iAqualink 2.0 module (the hockey puck)  connecting to the bus.  What does it look like once you log in to the browser interface from your computer using the link I shared ?
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline nomar383

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 02:32:05 pm »
My control board is the iQ900 and the iAqualink 2.0 module (the hockey puck)  connecting to the bus.  What does it look like once you log in to the browser interface from your computer using the link I shared ?

This is what it looks like for me:
http://imgur.com/Fz2DLql,GLAXFtW#0

I also have the 2.0 hockey puck connected to the bus, then to my LAN over wifi.

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »
Click on your " Home Pool "
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline nomar383

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »
Click on your " Home Pool "

Look at the second picture in the imgur link, that's what I see when I click on Home Pool

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »
That is strange. My system emulates a OneTouch panel. Yours is jumping to the web UI that I also can log in to by changing the URL.

After logging in,  try : https://iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com/start/touch/?actionID=AazkrG16UCFb1   which is basically replacing the "/start/mobile/?StartID=" with "/start/touch/?actionID=" in your URL.

If that does not work I would open up a ticket with Jandy. 

Offline nomar383

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »
That is strange. My system emulates a OneTouch panel. Yours is jumping to the web UI that I also can log in to by changing the URL.

After logging in,  try : https://iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com/start/touch/?actionID=AazkrG16UCFb1   which is basically replacing the "/start/mobile/?StartID=" with "/start/touch/?actionID=" in your URL.

If that does not work I would open up a ticket with Jandy.

I will have to open a ticket I suppose. I tried as you suggested and it redirected me to the mobile link still. It would be awesome if I could get the level of control that was in your screenshot, hopefully it's just a bug somewhere!

I'm looking at designing a python module to grab the data from the website so it can be useful elsewhere (kind of like a sudo-api). If I can get access to the scheduling and stuff, then maybe a Vera plugin would be possible/worthwhile.

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 03:04:30 pm »
Oh well. It was worth a shot. Must be bigger differences with the Z4 vs. RS based systems.  A sudo-api would be useful as long as they do not keep changing things.  Seeing how often they update their app, I doubt they ever have.   

I would just be nice to be able to turn a few things on and off and trigger some OneTouch commands. I rarely change the schedule now other than Summer / Winter times . I would use an Autelis, however it is hard to justify the cost vs. just walking outside and using the tablet I mounted in an Orbit box on the wall.

Good luck and let us know what Jandy says.

Offline nomar383

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »
Oh well. It was worth a shot. Must be bigger differences with the Z4 vs. RS based systems.  A sudo-api would be useful as long as they do not keep changing things.  Seeing how often they update their app, I doubt they ever have.   

I would just be nice to be able to turn a few things on and off and trigger some OneTouch commands. I rarely change the schedule now other than Summer / Winter times . I would use an Autelis, however it is hard to justify the cost vs. just walking outside and using the tablet I mounted in an Orbit box on the wall.

I just went through the manual and it says the web interface isn't available for Z4 devices. Additionally Autelis doesnt support Z4 either, so I guess the latest and greatest is not a great idea haha. Maybe I can downgrade the panel to an older one from eBay...

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:09 pm »

Never seen that before. I have an RS also. I think the Z4 is cheaper.

I just went through the manual and it says the web interface isn't available for Z4 devices. Additionally Autelis doesnt support Z4 either, so I guess the latest and greatest is not a great idea haha. Maybe I can downgrade the panel to an older one from eBay...

Offline Th33nforcer

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »
So I've had the iAqualink 2.0 (RS-8 board) for almost a year now. I don't get why you would want it integrated with the Vera (which I've had for five years or so). I feel the app is pretty solid and for me, pool automation is meant for "set it and forget it". Before I got the pool, I thought it would be cool...but after owning it for a year, I just don't see the need other than for a novelty. Can you guys tell me what you are trying to do?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 08:34:41 pm »
So I've had the iAqualink 2.0 (RS-8 board) for almost a year now. I don't get why you would want it integrated with the Vera (which I've had for five years or so). I feel the app is pretty solid and for me, pool automation is meant for "set it and forget it". Before I got the pool, I thought it would be cool...but after owning it for a year, I just don't see the need other than for a novelty. Can you guys tell me what you are trying to do?

Create a scene that turns on sonos, patio lights, spa lights, heater ect.

Also add the pool to my sleep scene that if they don't turn off the lights heater or such after we go to bed it will all auto shut off along with the other lights and locking he doors around the house. 

EDIT:

it also cuts down on the apps I have to use. I have blueiris cameras, sonos, pool, opensprinkler and several others. All have their own apps, but it's nice when the wife doesn't have to open 10 different apps and can open only ImperiHome which has everything in it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:36:23 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
Out for dinner with friends...  Fire up the spa so it is ready when you get home is just one example.  I also have my chlorinator take the water temperature into account and shut down the cell if it is too cold to produce chlorine.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 11:37:21 pm »
Out for dinner with friends...  Fire up the spa so it is ready when you get home is just one example.  I also have my chlorinator take the water temperature into account and shut down the cell if it is too cold to produce chlorine.

But these things can be done in the iAqualink app and doesn't need to be tied into vera. His question was more specifically why do we want to have it tied to vera or use a vera app vs. just opening the iAqualink app and doing it from there. 

Offline Kmitchel

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2015, 08:07:39 am »
You want it tied to Vera because I have Echo integration.  It would be great if I can just say "turn on my spa" and Vera would turn the spa on, determine if it is day or night so it could turn on the lights, set the temperature based on the time of year and then turn on the speakers outside and dim the lights.

Without vera integration, the person who wants to enjoy the spa has to either have an app installed on their phone or come find me.  It is really annoying when guests are staying at my home and they have to go though me to turn the pool on/off.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2016, 08:03:43 pm »
I know this is an old thread but I am interested in doing this to my 2002 Jandy equipment. I'm wondering if the iAqualink is all I need to connect to get it connected to my Galaxy phone / Tab and my wifes iPhone and iPad via an app and my home WiFi? Also, if the Autelus module is required of if any generic RS485 interface will do the trick?

Has anyone tried this?
Is this project dead?
I'm no coder but understand computers since DOS days and am willing to do some testing on it.