Let me clarify a few things. The reason I removed it from the app store is that it was an older version that did not support UI6/UI7 remote access. I did not feel to push out the last beta release due to unfinished portions of the app (specifically the auto configuration wizard which I had not finished the UI6/UI7 portion). I was getting countless emails from users requesting help that the app store version is not working with their UI6/UI7 Vera's. Why is it so hard to read the description of the app listing which states at the very top that Vera's with UI6/UI7 firmwares are not supported for remote access. Yet I get many emails a day asking for help or demanding that I post an update to support the latest firmware from Vera. So I removed the app for the play store listing and will be leaving the link to the beta download in the forum which anyone can install from. I do not plan on removing the link.
The reason I do not put a price on the app is the very reason I put development on hold. I simply do not have the time and energy to put into the app. The very little free time that I have is to spend it with my other half, relax from the long hours I put into my day job and for the other little projects that I have accumulated over time. If I were to charge for the app, I would be obligated to provide support, development of features and bug fixes to justify their purchase. That is a lot of pressure. What amazes me is the amount of people that contact me demanding I add a feature, fix a bug, etc for an app that cost them nothing! To put it simply I am just burned out.
To put the icing on the cake, I have moved most of my stuff from Vera except the zwave devices over to OpenHAB. I have translated my ISY plugin for Vera over to OpenHAB which runs under node.js and communicates via mqtt. So all that my Vera is currently controlling is zwave. All automation and logic is not under OpenHAB and is running very solid. Will I remain on OpenHAB and rely on Vera to just act as a zwave gateway? That remains to be seen.