I've been using Altsteon on my Vera Lite for a few years now. I'm trying to move it to a Ubuntu VM (16.04 Xenial) running on my Windows 7 PC with VMware Workstation. I've followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread and I'm having trouble. I can telnet to the IP of the VM via port 9805 and it connects. However, if I try to type anything after that, the telnet session closes. I used tcptrack and can see the connection pop up, but immediately closes. The Vera connection pops up the same way. The firewall is disabled on both the VM and the Win 7 machine.
I'm running the daemon with "sudo altsteon-code/altsteon-daemon/src/altsteon -r"
It appears to be starting up fine. This is logged after starting it. (I replaced the XXs). "PLM is devcat 3, subcat 21, address XX.XX.XX running software rev. 158."
I feel like this is a simple fix, but I'm missing something.