Author Topic: Rachio... let's go!  (Read 6957 times)

Offline Mg9H

Re: Rachio... let's go!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 04:56:54 am »
I wish I had the ability to write it but sadly, no.  However, I am all about getting as much info to the people that can.  The API for the Rachio is publicly available online at the following link.  Maybe this will help persuade someone to tackle this. 

http://rachio.readme.io/v1.0/docs

+1 for the plugin.

btw is there instructions on how to write a vera plugin? if i have free time over some weekend i might give it a try (if no one has done it yet)

Edit: found it: http://www.mios.com/developers/become-a-mios-developer/

Did you ever do this?

Sorry just saw your msg now. Fortunately I never had time to pull it off.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 04:41:45 pm »
I wish I had the ability to write it but sadly, no.  However, I am all about getting as much info to the people that can.  The API for the Rachio is publicly available online at the following link.  Maybe this will help persuade someone to tackle this. 

http://rachio.readme.io/v1.0/docs

+1 for the plugin.

btw is there instructions on how to write a vera plugin? if i have free time over some weekend i might give it a try (if no one has done it yet)

Edit: found it: http://www.mios.com/developers/become-a-mios-developer/

Did you ever do this?

Sorry just saw your msg now. Fortunately I never had time to pull it off.

Thanks for the feedback..

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 08:13:20 pm »
I'd be willing to take a pass at it. I've been looking to replace my ancient Rainbird controller anyway.

So tell me, of all the things Rachio can do and the information it can give you, what would the basic requirements be for a first version of a plug-in? Obviously turn individual stations on (for time) and off, and see their status, but what else?
Author of Deus Ex Machina II. Using Vera3, UI7 (855), 50 dimmers and 38 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, Deus Ex Machina II.

Offline mda

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 02:46:15 pm »
I'd be willing to take a pass at it. I've been looking to replace my ancient Rainbird controller anyway.

So tell me, of all the things Rachio can do and the information it can give you, what would the basic requirements be for a first version of a plug-in? Obviously turn individual stations on (for time) and off, and see their status, but what else?

From my POV (2 Rachios and 2 Vera3s running UI5) it would be great to have each zone on each Rachio appear in vera as a standard switch so i can turn them on/off using HomeWave. My Rachios handle the scheduling so I don't need vera to do that (and if i did i could use scenes to schedule them). So MVP features for at least 1 user ;) are:

• Support for 2 Rachios on 1 Rachio Account
  • Standard switch device for each zone to turn the zone on/off
  • UI5 support

I would be happy to help test (and donate $) if that would be of interest.

Thanks!

-mda

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 09:28:31 pm »
OK. Rachio has been ordered. It begins...
Author of Deus Ex Machina II. Using Vera3, UI7 (855), 50 dimmers and 38 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, Deus Ex Machina II.

Offline johnnboy

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 10:36:41 am »
OK. Rachio has been ordered. It begins...

I installed my Rachio last week so I'll be following this.  Let me know if you need anyone to beta test or help out with the plugin.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »
Nice to hear!!

The rachio app does a pretty decent job of scheduling. I'd just like to have everything in one app. Also, the ability to turn on the sprinklers when my smoke alarm is triggered but turn it off again if the fire alarm is triggered by the residential fire sprinklers so that it doesn't kill the water pressure for them.

I am willing to test and buy beer.

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
I just bought the latest gen Rachio and have a Vera Plus too.  More than happy to help test and to help fund this project.

Offline notchy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 09:46:10 am »
@rigpapa How has the development been coming along for the rachio ?
I will be ordering rachio Gen2 16 zone in the spring and can assist with beta testing.

Let me know..

Offline nelieto060

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 04:53:15 am »
Rachio has been out for a while now... it's clearly a market leader and works beautifully, for me anyway, thus far. When are are we going to see a plug-in?

Rachio is a well-known smart garden watering system. It has won many awards and mentions by various organizations as well as publications in the industry. It is an Amazon bestseller sprinkler system too. I have been use for last 6 months.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 02:16:46 pm »
I have a gen 2, 16-station controller that works great all by itself but integrating my HA would be even better. I got mine for free last year when the water district was giving rebates equal to the cost of the controller so I got mine for free plus the cost of the weatherproof enclosure. Not bad, don't you think?