Author Topic: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!  (Read 432908 times)

Offline Chrisfraser05

Re: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!
« Reply #2265 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:27 am »
Hi gents (and ladies),

I've been trying to get my head around the one part of my HA system that is currently missing....

Harmony does not have updated states of the lights on HA Bridge.

There are notes on the readme about syncing the device state, but I have tried to follow it and an failing with the syntax

https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge#update-bridge-internal-light-state

Has anyone done this from Vera? I simply want to use a line of Lua do the PUT http command to HA Bridge when I command a device on or off via vera so harmony displays the correct status.

Thanks

Offline thebobman

« Reply #2266 on: March 08, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »
I hope someone can help me. I feel like I am so very close, but just cannot get over the last hurdle. I am running my HA Bridge on Windows 10. IP Address for that machine is 10.0.0.127. I have verified that HA Bridges is running on Port 80. I have also verified that nothing else is. I can connect to it from any other maching on the network by going to 10..0.0.127:80. Doing that, I was able to connect to my Vera, and even created all my devices in HA Bridges. All I seem to have left is getting Home to discover HA Bridges, and for the life of me I cannot. I even tried putting it on several other computers, all with the same result.

I have now read for hours and hours trying to solve. I shut down my firewall. I shut down my SSDP service. Nothing helps.

Can someone give me some ideas?

Offline MrBoo

« Reply #2267 on: March 08, 2017, 06:06:28 pm »
One of the common issues close to your case is having the GH on wireless network other than the home network.  Like a guest network.  Can you determine the GH IP and ping from a machine that also sees the bridge?

Offline thebobman

« Reply #2268 on: March 08, 2017, 08:43:20 pm »
I can indeed. Google Home is 10.0.0.134, and on the same network. I can ping from the machine running HA Bridges

Offline aptalca

« Reply #2269 on: March 09, 2017, 12:07:06 am »
Did you set the server ip correctly in bridge settings? The bridge will advertise that ip and if it's not correct, gh would try to connect to the wrong address

Offline thebobman

« Reply #2270 on: March 09, 2017, 02:48:24 pm »
I believe i did. When I look at the Bridge Control page, I have the UPNP IP Address set to the address of the server (10.0.0.127), the Web Server IP Address set to (0.0.0.0), the Web Server Port set to 80 and the UPNP Response Port set to 50000. Was there anything else to set?

Offline thebobman

« Reply #2271 on: March 15, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »
Ok, now I am really annoyed. I could not get it to find it on WIndows, so I got a PI 3, set it all up, and same results. I can loge in to bridge from local ip:80 just fine. Google cannot find. Help?

Offline aptalca

« Reply #2272 on: March 15, 2017, 11:31:32 pm »
Does your router have upnp enabled?

Offline jlind

« Reply #2273 on: March 16, 2017, 10:00:23 am »
Sorry, it's been awhile for me.  You have to go through the pairing via your phone's home app.  It takes you to a Hue login screen and I can't remember if I hit login once or not, even though I obviously didn't have an account it triggered it to find the devices.

VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Countdown Timer, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo (newest manual install), Virtual on/off switches, eMail Notifications, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline thebobman

« Reply #2274 on: March 19, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
Wow, just wow. A little note for all...I was using my iphone with the google home app. Switched to my google table and viola! Found it right away. Now when I  go back to my iphone it is there.

Offline phantomfsoc

« Reply #2275 on: April 10, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »
Hi,
I've had my HA-Bridge running fine with my Echo but I just got a Google home and no matter what I try I keep getting the Hue login screen.
I'm using IOS to set it up and don't have an Android tablet to try like the previous poster.

I've also found other posts saying its no longer possible for Home to find HA-Bridge because of an update Google made.
Can anyone confirm? I just don't want to keep trying if its not possible. https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/544

If it still is possible... I'm using port 80, I've also unplugged my Echo to minimize conflicts. Any other ideas?

Thanks for any info.

Offline anup56

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2276 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »
You can now get on the beta test for Alexa skills integration of  Vera automation in the echo dot or echo get devices working on Alexa
Voice control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline phantomfsoc

« Reply #2277 on: April 10, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »
So I managed to get it working.

I have a jailbroken iPad so I used Appcake to download an older version of Google Home (1.20.904) and then I was able to find my HA-Bridge.

So far everything is working.

Offline wezley69

« Reply #2278 on: April 11, 2017, 07:06:35 pm »
Just had to delete a device from HA and readd through vera devices.  The device is a dimmer.  On and off work the dimming function doesn't.  I also can't see the http functions being sent anymore.  Nor can I look at older devices that still work.  How do I fix the dimming issue?

Offline kev b

« Reply #2279 on: April 12, 2017, 07:29:30 am »
When adding the device, did you remember to select the appropriate "dimming control" near the top of the page? I've forgotten to do this in the past.