Author Topic: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!  (Read 396884 times)

Offline wezley69

Re: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!
« Reply #2280 on: April 14, 2017, 02:56:51 pm »
Kev B - Thanks!

Offline wsyaeger

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2281 on: April 20, 2017, 01:41:00 pm »
I have been running the bridge (via nssm) on my windows 10 computer for quite a while now without any issues. Today an update for windows 10 installed and restarted the computer. I realized the the bridge had not started automatically, as it has since initially set up. i checked nssm and it seems the service had been removed (the error message said something to the affect of service does not exist).
i don't know why it would have been removed during this OS update, but i installed a new service for the bridge. upon trying to start the new bridge service, i get the error message "service_paused." I can not find a way to start it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2282 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:39 am »
I have been running the bridge (via nssm) on my windows 10 computer for quite a while now without any issues. Today an update for windows 10 installed and restarted the computer. I realized the the bridge had not started automatically, as it has since initially set up. i checked nssm and it seems the service had been removed (the error message said something to the affect of service does not exist).
i don't know why it would have been removed during this OS update, but i installed a new service for the bridge. upon trying to start the new bridge service, i get the error message "service_paused." I can not find a way to start it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

The problems I had on windows 10 when it wouldn't start (more then one time now) have been related to a corrupt habridge.config file in the data folder. I have had to delete it or replace with a backup one to get things going again.

I use a .bat file to auto startup my bridge's .jar file on startup. 

Offline wsyaeger

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2283 on: April 27, 2017, 07:57:29 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like nssm isn't exactly reliable.
I don't see any *.config files related to the service. I've been starting it up manually which has been fine for now.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2284 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like nssm isn't exactly reliable.
I don't see any *.config files related to the service. I've been starting it up manually which has been fine for now.

I just created a batch file in notepad and renamed it to "startHAbridge.bat"
I used the following in the text file.

Code: [Select]
@echo off
cd c:\echobridge
javaw -jar ha-bridge.jar
exit

And use my startup delayer that starts up

Blueiris
HomeSeer
Plex
HABridge
Unifi Controller
and a few other programs I run.

Offline eddie charette

« Reply #2285 on: April 28, 2017, 12:11:24 am »
Thank you Z-Waver

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2286 on: April 28, 2017, 11:04:49 am »
Has anyone fixed the issue where a long running (more than 2 seconds or so) scene causes the Echo to respond that the device is unresponsive - check it is on-line and plugged-in?  The scene still runs fine, it just causes Echo to play the error message.  How do we either have the Echo wait longer - or have Vera just send the OK when the scene first starts to run?
Long Live UI5!