Author Topic: Hunter Douglas Platinum Bridge App  (Read 8694 times)

Offline gengen

Re: Hunter Douglas Platinum Bridge App
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:30 am »
@waltzer11,,

Good question! The PowerView system looks to be brand new and most likely replaces the old Platinum system. The big change here is two-way communication between the shades and the hub (which looks remarkably like the old Platinum Bridge).

I sent an inquiry to Hunter Douglas regarding the PowerView protocol. My guess is that it is an evolutionary step over the old Platinum protocol. My plug-in may need to be modified somewhat to support PowerView.

Gengen

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 05:12:35 pm »
So one thing I noticed about the new stuff is that you no longer have to be on the same subnet as the hub/bridge/whatever to use their app.  Which suggests they're having the local control device phone home to some server regularly, at a minimum.  Hopefully, they won't make that the only route control traffic can take.

--Richard

Offline gengen

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 11:41:31 am »
I took a look at the PowerView app, and it looks to be a general improvement over the Platinum system
1. Two way communication between shades and controller
2. Scenes and rooms with multiple shade types
3. Astronomical clock option in schedules which can depend on sunrise and sunset as well as fixed times
4. Generally slicker UI. (assign colors, icons to shades, scenes, etc.)

The PowerView protocol is incompatible with the Platinum protocol but my guess is that it is not that different. I would be interested if anyone on this forum has has any direct experience with PoweView,

Offline pascalw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 05:25:55 pm »
Hi.
Over the last weeks I am seeing my scenes randomly lose some blinds from the group I have set up to close or open. Is this something anyone else is seeing? I can control the blinds through the device setting so it's not a matter of that specific device being unavailable or removed.
I'm using the latest version (1.2) of the great plug on UI 7 with the latest firmware.

On the topic of the new PowerView - does anyone already have a confirmation that it requires the blinds to be updated to work? Or will this only require the platinum gateway to be changed for the new hub?

Thanks!!!

Offline gengen

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:11 am »
@pascalw,

This is very strange behavior indeed. I would suggest editing L_PlatinumShade.lua and un-commenting the luup.log line in the log function near the beginning.

Change
  -- luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " .. msg)
to
   luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " .. msg)

and pm me the LuaUPnP.log output when this occurs.

Gengen

Offline gengen

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 10:25:32 am »
Version 1.3 released. If fixes a bug which can occur if the bridge reboots unexpectedly.

Offline markdstjohn

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 05:39:55 pm »
I'm curious to hear if anyone has had luck using Vera with the Powerview hub. It seems as though Powerview uses a JSON API: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16538-hunter-douglas-powerview-control-with-isy/

Offline mike Q

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 09:28:57 am »
I have Vera and Echo working with PowerView.  Thread here which includes a video.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35547.msg262550.html#msg262550

It's as simple as issuing a URL from some luua code to talk to the PowerView hub.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:34:54 am by mike Q »

Offline holger_40

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 08:44:13 am »
I'm attaching a nice comparison between PowerRise and PowerView.

Offline holger_40

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »
I have a quote from our local shades place for some nice Alta hybrid pleated shades.  They use the RemoteLift 2.0 technology which is commonly found in many other brands (like Home Depot) as a generic automation protocol.  It appears to be close to the same as the older HunterDouglas PowerRise (Platinum) technology because they use the same frequency (2.4 GHz) and exact same style of handheld remote.

Does anyone know if RemoteLift is truly compatible with the HunterDouglas PowerRise 2.0 or 2.1 technology?  I have spoken to the Alta tech support folks and all I got was "we don't know. You could always buy a Hunter Douglas wall switch and just try it out".  If it were compatible, it would open up the use of the Platinum Bridge App to many more sets of off-brand blinds.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:39:45 pm by holger_40 »

Offline gengen

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 11:57:11 pm »
Interesting.

Looking at a RemoteLift remote control user manual such as http://www.cbgcommercial.com/images/cbg/public/contentdownloads/Honeycomb_Shades/Installation_Instructions/Honeycomb%20RemoteLift%20Control%20-4451.pdf it looks awfully like the Platinum remote both style-wise as well as feature-wise, and I would expect them to be compatible, although there are no guarantees.

Gengen

Offline mikeah007

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 06:42:03 am »
Hi I just bought 11k worth of hunter blinds and looking for a way to control them through zwave. Do you know if your driver works with the new PowerView system?

Offline gengen

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:48 pm »
My platinum bridge app will almost certainly not work with the PowerView system. It will probably work with the ProLift 2 system. I wrote the plug-in for my own home but made it as general as possible for the hardware at hand so it would be useful to a large set of Platinum owners. I had no idea that Hunter Douglas would completely replace their automation system a few months later.

To be accurate, these shades do not use Z-Wave directly. Thats why you need a bridge to translate Ethernet to the proprietary wireless protocol.

Gengen

Offline mikeah007

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 05:11:09 pm »
That's correct they do have a HUB that can be interfaced to by IP or RS232 for the PowerView. What would you charge to write an interface?

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 02:14:47 am »
I just installed this on my UI5 and it is working great so far!  Thank you!

Question:  Any chance this can support "top down bottom up" shades which in the Platinum Bridge mobile app a single shade actually has 2 controls which allows you to control from the top or from the bottom?