Author Topic: Tested some IP cameras and DVR/NVR  (Read 3678 times)

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Tested some IP cameras and DVR/NVR
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:34 am »
Topic is sticky now.

Hi Guys, you can use this request in the same network to add third party cameras. Just replace the bogus data with yours.

Code: [Select]
http://VERALOCALIP/port_3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreateDevice&deviceType=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2&UpnpDevFilename=D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml&Description=test&RoomNum=0&IpAddress=192.168.1.10&StateVariables=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1,URL=/videostream.cgi?user=USER&pwd=PASSWORD%0Aurn%3Amicasaverde-com%3AserviceId%3AHaDevice1%2CCommands%3Dcamera_full_screen%2Ccamera_archive_snapshot&Username=USER&Password=PASSWORD&Reload=1

Thanks for posting this, but it seems I still get an invalid URL notice instead of a camera image. Is part of the bogus data you mention the URL's you've listed? I've never been able to obtain a good snapshot URL for the Wansview camera I use.

I used here generic URL. You will have to use the correct snapshot url based on your camera. Either put it directly in the URL, instead of /videostream.cgi , or in the URL paramenter, after the camera device is created on dashboard.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm