Author Topic: Tested some IP cameras and DVR/NVR  (Read 5164 times)

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Tested some IP cameras and DVR/NVR
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:34 am »

Hi Guys, you can use this request in the same network to add third party cameras. Just replace the bogus data with yours.

Code: [Select]
http://VERALOCALIP/port_3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreateDevice&deviceType=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2&UpnpDevFilename=D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml&Description=test&RoomNum=0&IpAddress=192.168.1.10&StateVariables=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1,URL=/videostream.cgi?user=USER&pwd=PASSWORD%0Aurn%3Amicasaverde-com%3AserviceId%3AHaDevice1%2CCommands%3Dcamera_full_screen%2Ccamera_archive_snapshot&Username=USER&Password=PASSWORD&Reload=1

Thanks for posting this, but it seems I still get an invalid URL notice instead of a camera image. Is part of the bogus data you mention the URL's you've listed? I've never been able to obtain a good snapshot URL for the Wansview camera I use.

I used here generic URL. You will have to use the correct snapshot url based on your camera. Either put it directly in the URL, instead of /videostream.cgi , or in the URL paramenter, after the camera device is created on dashboard.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:49:46 pm by John M. »
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline jdvorecky

Re: Tested some IP cameras and DVR/NVR
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 06:03:07 pm »
Hi guys, hopefully not off topic here but im a bit unclear on this nvr link with vera.
If i have an nvr with built in poe (no separate poe switch) will i ne able to access the cameras with vera?
I will buy a dahua nvr but im not sure if cameras will be accesible by vera if they are not going to a poe switch but rather directly into the nvr Dahua NVR4216-16.
Any ideas?
The nvr does have some alarm.inputs/outputs but dont want to link it via my dsc alarm trigers but rather directly to vera from nvr.
Dont want to buy something that wont be compatible.
Thnx for help.