Author Topic: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller  (Read 126406 times)

Offline 50Pesos

Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Reply #465 on: April 02, 2016, 12:39:22 am »
So Far I'd say save your money. Total dissappointment

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #466 on: April 05, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »

I don't know about that.  Sure, there are quirks but I'm happy with mine so far.

Offline atlantauser

« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »

I don't know about that.  Sure, there are quirks but I'm happy with mine so far.

Can you take some screenshots of your configuration and of it working? Perhaps the Advanced Settings of the devices? Mine still doesn't show correctly...

Offline dkeefe

Fix for out of range
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:18 pm »
Like others here, my multiwave remote started showing out of range out of the blue a few months ago after years of trouble free operation. Finally I decided I'd had enough and looked into the issue. Changing the batteries didn't fix the problem so I suspected that it was a bad connection somewhere with the zwave module. I have the zwave module (also called the antenna) remote mounted to improve the range so I looked there.

The first test I did was to remove the cable between the antenna and the multiwave control box and plug it back into the control box. This worked! Next I examined the connections but they looked ok but I cleaned them with some rubbing alcohol anyways, plugged them cables back in and turned it on. Lo and behold it was working again! Yay!

I suspect there was a bad connection somewhere with the cables and antenna and merely unplugging them and plugging them back in was enough to clean it up. But contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol certainly won't hurt.

So tl;dr: try unplugging and replugging the antenna. If you don't have a remote mounted antenna, remove the top cover and re-seat it. The zwave module is mounted to the underside of the cover and removing it has the same effect.

Good luck!

Offline Minnies

« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
Just had my Veralite fail and upgraded to VeraPlus.  Unfortunately none of the programming would carry over as the VeraLite no longer worked.  Havent updated the pool controller in 3 or 4 years as all was working okay. Anyone have an idea of how to include the pool controller and remote now in UI7 with VeraPlus? One thing is I can no longer move the VeraPlus close to the pool controller.

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »
I've always had to reset the multiwave to factory defaults in order to get it to connect to the vera.

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2017, 11:45:07 am »
I'm removing this at the request of Frank.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:54:44 pm by JMack89427 »

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #472 on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »
mind posting it?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #473 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:04 pm »
Or emailing it? 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:25:39 pm by Minnies »