Author Topic: PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.41  (Read 55945 times)

Offline vosmont

Re: PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.34
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2017, 07:06:16 pm »
@zedrally,

you will find on Github the version 1.41, which adds the management of specific animation parameters.

If everything is OK, I will update the version on the Mios Marketplace.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »
Hello Vosmont,

Which setting is the Scene delay setting set to, Secs para 1. or mins para 2. ?

Default is 3, but I have no instructions on what 3 does?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline vosmont

« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2017, 03:08:25 am »
If you set nothing in the specific parameter "duration", it will be the default value (3 seconds).

For another duration, you put the desired value (in seconds) in the text field. The plugin will do the conversion second <-> minute.
The higgest value is 7620 seconds (127 minutes).

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2017, 01:01:18 pm »
Hello,

I've begun a new plugin RGBController 2, but as it takes more time to develop than I've expected (because there are a lot of internal changes), I've added a new version to the current plugin.

version 1.40
Add new RGBW devices :
- Sunricher RGBW Controller
- Qubino RGBW dimmer

@zedrally and @Slartibartfast, can you test it on your devices ?
For the moment duration (Qubino) and speed (Sunricher) params for animations are not available in the UI (you should be able to set them by action).

https://github.com/vosmont/Vera-Plugin-RGBController
Vosmont

Strange thing happening.
In settings I selected the Sunricher and saved new setting. In the colour wheel I saw the new animations listed.
Unfortunately now, the on switches and button do not turn on the device. The off switches and button still work. If I turn on the device by its own selector then it comes on. I can then control each colour via slider and select colour by wheel as before.
I then tried to control my Fibaro by its own occupancy of your application and same thing, on does nothing.

I tried the animations and can confirm that
Quick flash rotating = Fading rotation
Quick flash red =Fading up/down red
Fading up/down swap RG = Flash RB

(Without going back to my list) I hope this works as a straight offset on each animation and lets us know which is number one.

I an surprised that Zedrally did not see the same problem with 'on'. Could this be a corruption on my upload?
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline vosmont

Re: PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.41
« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2017, 01:22:45 pm »
@Slartibartfast, sorry, you will find the version 1.42 - hotfix.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2017, 01:43:42 pm »
ON now works thanks. Will test animations and speed control shortly.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2017, 02:37:48 pm »
Vosmont

Testing the animations has confirmed the actual order as below. Unfortunately I had no way to know originally which was number one.

1   Fading rotation R-G-B
2   Fading up/down R
3   Fading up/down G
4   Fading up/down B
5   Fading up/down R+G
6   Fading up/down G+B
7   Fading up/down B+R
8   Fading up/down R+B+G
9   Fading up/down swap R-G
10   Fading up/down swap B-R
11   Fading up/down swap G-B
12   Quick flash rotating R-G-B
13   Quick flash R
14   Quick flash G
15   Quick flash B
16   Quick flash R+G
17   Quick flash G+B
18   Quick flash B+R
19   Quick flash R+G+B
20   Stepped rotation R-G-B

The current animations numbers 5 to 8 and 14 to 17 seem to do an animation stop and do not select anything. Two blocks of 4 suggests a small coding error?

The speed control works fine but I cannot believe anyone will ever use speed greater than 15 as it seems to get so slow it stops. Where did you get the range for the speeds. If it was a guess I can probably find out how many steps there actually are.

Looking good though.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2017, 06:06:30 pm »
Vosmont,

Forgot to say that your controller shows sliders 4 and 5 for the two whites. Only slider 4 is used on this device. Not a problem but neater if you can lose slider 5.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline vosmont

« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:35 pm »
You will find the version 1.43

EDIT : I've found the speed levels in this manual http://www.sunricher.com/media/resources/manual/sr-zv9103fa-rgbw-user-manual.pdf
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:26:24 pm by vosmont »

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
Hi Vosmont,

1.43 seems to be perfect  8)

I have checked all animations match requested, sliders all work, on/off works.

Excellent job thanks.

Just for your information, the animations seem to operate at the colour levels set at the time. in some ways this gives even more variation on what it will look like but can be odd if red (for example) is turned off and you select a red only animation. You can get flashing red at no brightness.   :P

It is good though to have another alternative to the Fibaro unit.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:09:17 pm by Slartibartfast »
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:30 pm »
Hello Vosmont,

Now I have had some time to play with the controller, I noticed that it doesn't save the values of the animation.
On every occasion that I have exited the animation screen, it reverts to "animation". The values that had been set for Duration & Transition steps also revert to zero.

Is it possible to save the last known (or set) values ?

TIA
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2017, 06:09:44 am »
Hello, just installed my Fibaro RGBW controller and also installed this plugin RGBW controller.

I can set the colors I want, but how do I set the brightness with this plugin?
I see 4 bars, RGBW, but no bar or option to set the brightness. So I only can choose a color, but is always 100%.

I want to make a scene with the color code, but really need just 10% brightness......

Besides that: How and where do I set the color code I want?

EDIT: I see there is versio 1.41/1.42, but I have 1.34. Where to download this newer version?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:12:38 am by VeraEdger »

Offline Quixote

« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2017, 10:54:30 pm »
I think that the only way for you to do what you want to is through doing the calculations and setting it manually.
Each value is between 0 and 255. So if let's say for simplicity's sake, you have a setting for white at red 255, green 255 and blue 255, and you want another setting for 50% brightness, you'd need to convert red 127, green 127 and blue 127 to the hex value.  It seems that most of these lights are a little cheap and the power is nowhere near linear, so it'll take a little experimentation.

You could always write Lua code to do the conversion for you and adjust the lights based on a percentage.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2017, 06:04:10 pm »
Question for Vosmont:

I use the 4 analog inputs of the Fibaro RGBW cotroller to connect analog 0-10V sensors. I succeeded to get the measurements in by setting parameter 14 to 34952 (2byte dec).
You then see the measurements as dimming level on Red (= analog input 1), Green (=analog input 2), Blue (=analog input 3) and White (=analog input 4).  Measurements are shown as a percentage of the maximum value (at 10 Volt). As example: I have connected a CO2 meter that gives 5.000 ppm at 10 Volt (max). So 10% = 500 ppm.
Because the dimming% is changing in steps of 1% the CO2 level is measured in steps of 50 ppm.
What I want is to get the real Volt measurements (in 2 decimals) in stead of the dimming %.

I know you have not designed this plugin for this purpose but maybe you know if your plugin can be used for this or which device file I have to change to get the readings more precise.(John Max of Vera support gave me the tip to use this plugin...).

I would really appreciate if you could help me ( Iknow several other Vera users want to use the Fibaro controller to connect analog sensors).
Thanks in advance !!

Offline DavidDiskin

RGB Controller w/ Sylvania Lightify (Osram) RGBW LED Strips
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2017, 11:40:49 pm »
Hello,

I just purchased Sylvania Lightify (Osram) RGBW LED Strips and have it working with Vera. I'm now trying to control it through your app.

At the moment, your app can turn it on/off but if I try to change the color it just blinks white a few times. Am I doing something wrong, or will this not work properly? Or, is there a way to change the app to work with the lights?

I also noticed that I'm running 1.34, though it seems like 1.41 is the latest version. If I click "Update" in the Vera app it checks for updates but stays on 1.34. Perhaps this is my issue?

Thanks,

-David