Author Topic: PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.41  (Read 35752 times)

Offline erkme73

Re: PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.32
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »
A HUGE thank you Vosmont.  This plug in works great.   I'm using the Aeotec RGB LED, and aside from missing animations (which hopefully will show up with your next release) I can't complain at all.

It does appear that with ANY input from either the warm or cool light LEDS - that is, having anything other than 0000 for the last digits in the color number - all the color LEDs are off.  In other words, if I have either warm or cool LED on, no matter how much other color input I apply, there is no change in the color of the bulb.  Is that a limitation of this particular model?

Offline big517

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 01:10:02 pm »
Thanks for the all the work on this plugin.  Very important part of my automation.

Offline vosmont

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »
Can I reduce the brightness? 100% is too bright.

Peter

you can reduce the brightness with the main dimmer created by the Vera

Offline vosmont

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »
It does appear that with ANY input from either the warm or cool light LEDS - that is, having anything other than 0000 for the last digits in the color number - all the color LEDs are off.  In other words, if I have either warm or cool LED on, no matter how much other color input I apply, there is no change in the color of the bulb.  Is that a limitation of this particular model?

Yes, this is a limitation of the Aeotec Bulb. Warm and cold white are priority. If you switch off the white channel, then the former color is back.

Offline vosmont

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 04:53:28 pm »
Here is a pre-version 1.33 with some animations for AEOTEC and ZIPATO Bulbs.

Just upload the file "L_RGBController1.lua" with UI.

Offline pucki

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 01:24:39 am »
the brightness of the animation is too bright

Offline erkme73

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 01:29:56 am »
How's that for a nice "thank you".  Geeez....  I love it!  Especially the LPD (I assume LAPD?) red and blue strobe.  THAT will get your attention.  I have that set for when someone breaks the IR beam at my front porch.   Awesomeness!!!

Offline vosmont

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:28 am »
the brightness of the animation is too bright

On the AEOTEC, it seems that the dimmer created by the Vera has no effect on the brightness of the animations (but it works for solid color)

Offline vosmont

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 02:22:26 am »
Especially the LPD (I assume LAPD?) red and blue strobe.

It's a typo presents in animations of the Fibaro RGBW too.
I will fix that

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »
Hi Vosmont,

Great plugin, really easy to use.

One thing I have found - To save power and prevent overheating, I turn off the DC supply to my Fibaro RGBW controller when not in use. I have set polling off so I avoid error messages. If I access the device from your plugin and change anything it kills my z-wave. This will notbe a problem as I wil be using scenes which will turn on the DC first but thought I should mention it.

I read earlier that animations come direct from the Fibaro but I am getting red & green crossed here. I have checked the wiring is R to R, G to G all through and all looks okay. I can only think it may be mis-labelled on the Fibaro or the LED strip. Not a problem as I will cross the wires to solve but I wondered if you had seen this before.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz, Vera Plus UI7 1.7.2608, TKB dimmers and switches -single and double paddle, Swiid Inline, TKB plug in switched sockets, FGRGB-101LED controller, Sunricher wall controller, Sunricher RGBW Tape Receiver, TKB dual relay, ZRC-90-EU controller. Apps - Pleg, RGB controller, Sonos

Offline erkme73

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2015, 12:58:29 pm »
Vosmont - thank you again for a great addition to the VERA community. If it hadn't been for your plug in, I would have returned the bulb.

Is there any way for users to add to the pallet of animations? For example, strobing green, yellow, orange, etc - or having it alternate between various colors (like the current LPD)? I opened the lua animation file in an editor and see the scripting - but it's so far over my head, I know I'd crash computers within 5 miles if I attempted to change anything.

As I write this, my light just started pulsating blue since the mail carrier deposited my mail in my box at the street. I'd love to do the same with all colors to signify other events (like gate opening, doorbell ringing, motion detected in area XYZ, etc).

Hate to even ask given how grateful I am - but if one doesn't ask... one will never know...

Offline vosmont

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 05:24:43 am »
Thank you for your returns :)

One thing I have found - To save power and prevent overheating, I turn off the DC supply to my Fibaro RGBW controller when not in use. I have set polling off so I avoid error messages. If I access the device from your plugin and change anything it kills my z-wave.
What firmware have you ? I've noticed Z-Wave network freezes with last firmwares and unreachable devices (just with standard polling or orders), but I'm not sure for the moment.

I read earlier that animations come direct from the Fibaro but I am getting red & green crossed here.
It should be a problem of wiring. With colors, you can use alias variables to correct an inverted connection but they won't be used for internal animations.

Is there any way for users to add to the pallet of animations?
I began to look at this feature. It will require a configuration by JSON (without graphical interface).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:26:28 pm by vosmont »

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 03:25:06 pm »

What firmware have you ? I've noticed Z-Wave network freezes with last firmwares and unreachable devices (just with standard polling or orders), but I'm sure for the moment.

It is UI7 latest. This is not a problem as long as i remember to turn it on before changing any settings.

Devon UK 240V 50Hz, Vera Plus UI7 1.7.2608, TKB dimmers and switches -single and double paddle, Swiid Inline, TKB plug in switched sockets, FGRGB-101LED controller, Sunricher wall controller, Sunricher RGBW Tape Receiver, TKB dual relay, ZRC-90-EU controller. Apps - Pleg, RGB controller, Sonos

Offline vosmont

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:57 pm »
Here is a new pre-version 1.33 with customizable internal animations for AEOTEC Bulb.

Just upload the file "L_RGBController1.lua" with UI.

The animations are in variable "InternalAnimations" (in JSON).
If you want add one, you will find the settings here :
http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbulb/1511-led-bulb-manual.html

If you use the animations with the Fibaro RGBW, be careful, the animation "LPD" has been renamed "LAPD".

Offline erkme73

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 08:43:28 pm »
Uploaded the newer version before I realized I'm too clueless on how to implement it.  Thanks for your efforts.