No issues with car alarms =)
The issue I was refering to was the flickering. To be clear, this isnt like a LED flicker but the light turning off and on quickly, you can hear the relay. My issues were across multiple purchases from Amazon. Most of my house uses dimmers, so largely these were used for outdoor lights:
- First failure was a outdoor set of flood lights, and it lasted about a year. Eventually when I was able to see it happen (not just hear it as its the front of the house), I replaced it with a new unit I had purchased about a year after the first one.
- About 8 months later, it failed again. This time I thought it was the load, so I went ahead and switched the floods to LED to lower the current on it.
- It failed again in about 6 months and I went to a dimmer. Seems Ok.
- Between the second and third failure on the front floods, the floods in the back yard had the same problem. Went to LED/Dimmer, but should have considered somethign else
- About 2 or 3 weeks ago the garage light (flourescent) failed the same way. The failure was bad enough that the scene controller in the same box lost its config to Vera, and has a HORRIBLE connection as reported by vera despite being maybe 3m from the Veralite.
The network is otherwise pretty solid. I'd say I have on the order of 100 zwave devices, the evolve dimmers out number the LSM-15 by at least 5X and no issues there.
So I'm pretty sure its the stupid LSM-15s. The fail and they fail in a way that hurts the RF of the network somehow.