We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Bug ? Device that appears.  (Read 3226 times)

Offline ascari

Bug ? Device that appears.
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:47:53 am »
Hello,

I have a lot of Motion sensor that appears in my device
(http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_445220Capturedd.jpg)

It's strange and I can delete this device.
It's a bug ?
What I can do ?

Thank you

Offline sm2117

Re: Bug ? Device that appears.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:30 am »
This is constantly getting reported and I have had an open ticket with Vera cust support for literally months and still no fix. You can delete the devices or restore from a recent backup and it will be OK but the problem eventually returns. For me, I get this at least every 2-3 weeks maybe more.

Very annoying.

Offline George

• Support
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 05:19:29 am »
Hi,

Can you fill out the form below and send us a trouble ticket ?
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Be sure to include your Vera unit serial number and the tech support access code. You can enable it by going to Settings > Tech Support and then clicking on the Enable button at the bottom of the page. We'll look into it right away and get back to you shortly.

Thanks.

Offline sm2117

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 12:52:50 am »
Hi,

Can you fill out the form below and send us a trouble ticket ?
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Be sure to include your Vera unit serial number and the tech support access code. You can enable it by going to Settings > Tech Support and then clicking on the Enable button at the bottom of the page. We'll look into it right away and get back to you shortly.

Thanks.

I have done this. Refer Case #117158.

I look forward to this getting fixed.

Offline sm2117

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:35:50 am »

We'll look into it right away and get back to you shortly.

Anything?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:37:26 am by sm2117 »

Offline George

• Support
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 04:15:35 am »
This was resolved by Chris from Customer Care. For anyone else experiencing similar issues, be sure that you contact support so we can help you asap.
http://support.getvera.com/

Thanks.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:55 pm »
Browsing the forum frequently I noticed this issue to pop up quite often. Will this be fixed in the near future? I don't doubt that the service desk can solve it but that doesn't make much sense to me if there is not a structural solution possible. I have encountered the issue twice and solved it by restoring a backup. Would be nice to have a real solution.
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 02:45:30 pm »
I found my virtual motions were created by the MIMOlite plugin and we always in the same room as the mimolite main device. The motions all showed the parent device as the main mimolite relay.

Are you guys finding the same?

Offline Gabriel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »
On my side, last time this happened, 1 ended up with 1 dummy motion sensor and two dummy smoke sensors, all childs of a Fibaro FGRM-222.
Funny thing is that this was also "volet salon" (roller shutter of living room).

Offline sm2117

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »
Browsing the forum frequently I noticed this issue to pop up quite often. Will this be fixed in the near future? I don't doubt that the service desk can solve it but that doesn't make much sense to me if there is not a structural solution possible. I have encountered the issue twice and solved it by restoring a backup. Would be nice to have a real solution.
Yes, this is my issue too. The symptom is easily overcome but what concerns me is that this is a long standing issue with no real fix for root cause.

Offline ideschamps

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 03:24:30 am »
Also getting the same ghost devices. Specifically with my Aeon Hem v1 energy meter.

Looks like when I do a Z-Wave network optimization it then creates more of these. Seems to slow down the response of the controller/Z-Wave network.

Logged a call with Support, will see what they can do.