Author Topic: aeon labs energy monitor  (Read 109636 times)

Offline jamac

Re: aeon labs energy monitor
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2017, 10:41:24 pm »
I assume you have a two-clamp model? I've just got my 3-clamp model working. It created 4 devices - a master meter and 3 separate 'child' meters (one for each clamp). Initially the child meters only showed KWH and no Watts. After a bit of fiddling with Parameter 101 I got the master meter and each child meter to report KWH and Watts. I initially set the parameter to 16143 (per these instructions http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Aeon_HomeEnergyMonitor) but it didn't seem to work. I eventually found this excel spread sheet https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000124128-setting-parameter-101-103-for-the-hem-gen5-downloadable-excel-programmable-sheet-, which I used to calculate a parameter setting of 16131. After a couple of luup engine reloads all 4 devices are now reporting KWH and Watts.

The Wattage readings all look a bit 'off' but I'll need to do a bit more testing before I can reach any conclusions on this.

Offline jamac

« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2017, 03:21:02 am »
I have a couple of dumb questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I've got a 3-clamp model that I'd like to use to monitor 3 separate electrical circuits - AC, pool and kitchen. This should be possible but there is a complication - I have 3-phase power. What if one or more of the circuits are on different phases. Will this affect my readings?

I'd ideally like to also measure the laundry circuit. If I put one clamp around two wires (eg, kitchen and laundry) will it aggregate the wattage and KWH readings on both wires?

Offline user1121

« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:33 pm »
Do you set those for all the clamps and the overall device? How do you tell them apart? Yes I've got the gen1 2 clamp model.

Is there a way to tell the firmware version in Vera?  I use a MAC at home, no PC, so can't run the firmware tool, unless someone knows how to run it on a MAC.

Offline jamac

« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2017, 03:21:40 am »
You need to set the parameters on the 'master' device. There should be an option called 'device options'. If you click on this for a 'child' device it will show 'N/A'. Only the master device will give you access to the parameter settings. This is how you can identify which is the master device. Once you've figured it out you should rename the master device for future reference.

I'm not sure how to identify the firmware version. If you look at 'Advanced' and then 'Variables' there is a variable called 'FirmwareInfo'. However, this variable is blank for my HEM.

Offline jamac

« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:27 pm »
I've got a 3-clamp model that I'd like to use to monitor 3 separate electrical circuits - AC, pool and kitchen. This should be possible but there is a complication - I have 3-phase power. What if one or more of the circuits are on different phases. Will this affect my readings?

I'm replying to my own post.

Aeon Labs support has confirmed that you can measure three separate circuits PROVIDED that the circuits are on different phases and are connected as follows:
1.   Voltage wire 1 and Clamp 1 must be connected to Phase A
2.   Voltage wire 2 and Clamp 2 must be connected to Phase B
3.   Voltage wire 3 and Clamp 3 must be connected to Phase C