We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Did I do something wrong at install?  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Hippogriff

Did I do something wrong at install?
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:19:36 am »
I've just tried this Alternate UI plugin... it certainly seems like an improvement over the stock UI to me.

However, I've got a few 'funnies' and I thought I would detail just one here, to see whether it's a problem with me instead of the plugin. Very likely  ;D

These 3 light sensors show these values in the Alternate UI (LightSensor1.jpg) and these values in the stock UI (LightSensor2.jpg)... why are 2 of the light sensors reporting - as an example - "67 % or lux" rather than "67lux"? You can see that one of the sensors (PIR3 Light) reports "274 lux" in the Alternate UI and "274lux" in the stock UI, which is good.

When you go into PIR1 Light's "Variables", it is reporting a simple "67" as "CurrentLevel", so it seems to just be a slight disconnect between what I'm seeing on the Devices screen.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: Did I do something wrong at install?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 05:16:01 am »
I've just tried this Alternate UI plugin... it certainly seems like an improvement over the stock UI to me.

However, I've got a few 'funnies' and I thought I would detail just one here, to see whether it's a problem with me instead of the plugin. Very likely  ;D

These 3 light sensors show these values in the Alternate UI (LightSensor1.jpg) and these values in the stock UI (LightSensor2.jpg)... why are 2 of the light sensors reporting - as an example - "67 % or lux" rather than "67lux"? You can see that one of the sensors (PIR3 Light) reports "274 lux" in the Alternate UI and "274lux" in the stock UI, which is good.

When you go into PIR1 Light's "Variables", it is reporting a simple "67" as "CurrentLevel", so it seems to just be a slight disconnect between what I'm seeing on the Devices screen.
yes it is a funny & known one. there are inconsistencies accross light sensors, some report % , some report lux, and even differences between UI5 & UI7 so the only think I thought was to report lux when the value was >100 and % or lux if the value was <=100

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 05:37:41 am »
That's a surprise, as they're the same model of sensor, Fibaro FGMS101, bought from the same place at the same time and installed as new Devices one after the other, but at least I understand why they are presenting differently in the UI. I understand it's just what's presented to me as an admin. user and nothing more, really.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 06:06:13 am »
That's a surprise, as they're the same model of sensor, Fibaro FGMS101, bought from the same place at the same time and installed as new Devices one after the other, but at least I understand why they are presenting differently in the UI. I understand it's just what's presented to me as an admin. user and nothing more, really.
truly but what I will do is display lux everytime in the next releases and see if somebody raise the issue that he wants %
thx !

Offline ilikelife

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 10:58:17 am »
truly but what I will do is display lux everytime in the next releases and see if somebody raise the issue that he wants %
thx !

Let me be the first to vote for %.  I've used % as a condition for scenes, but don't know where to set scenes using lux.  Maybe that would be more accurate, so make my vote undecided.   :-\

I have not done my homework yet, but think I've seen the same sensor showing 3 different ways: %, Lux and % or Lux.  There is a variable called "SensorMlScale" that was different on two brands of light sensor, but changing it did not seem to make a difference.

I do think the < > 100 change is confusing.  The manual for the HomeSeer HSM100 states "The light level is stored in the device's value property in the range 0 to 100"  I'm not sure if that has ever shown more than 100, but the new Aeon MultiSensor6 has.

OK, so maybe you should just ignore this post.   ;D

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:38:20 pm »
I am not really sure how I would use a %age value, but I do feel comfortable comparing an integral lux value for what I want to do. Anything I write will work when it gets CurrentLevel anyway... I figured the "67 % or lux" was just something I saw in the UI, but couldn't figure out why 3 sensors of the same model, installed at the same time, were showing something different.

Now I know it's because 2 of them were reading a CurrentLevel under 100 and 1 of them was reading a CurrentLevel of 274. I agree that having this 'pseudo-choice' is a bit confusing and I would support the UI just presenting what comes back from CurrentLevel as lux, regardless.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline ilikelife

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 02:09:43 pm »
Yeah, I realized after I posted that if the value in CurrentLevel is something like 274, Calling it % is not going to help me.

I agree that lux makes more sense.