Author Topic: Heatmiser Neo Thermostats  (Read 6324 times)

Offline Daddyryder

Re: Heatmiser Neo Thermostats
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:46 am »
Hi,

I'm new to the whole full home automation system. I have 16 Heatmiser Neo Thermostats and wish to link them to my Vera Edge. Could you please send me the plugin?

Also does it come with instructions on how to get it up and running?

Many thanks
Paul

Offline racarter

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 02:57:49 pm »
Daddyryder - I'll PM you.

Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline andycee

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 01:09:41 pm »
Just bought a neoStat-e  ;D

Could I request a copy of the plugin ?

Whats the status on this anyway racarter -  is this still being worked on ? I seem to remember reading that the neoHub is not required for the plugin to work, is that right ?

Many thanks!

Offline racarter

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2016, 01:52:20 pm »
andycee

The Neohub IS required for the Neo range of thermostats.  The only Heatmiser stand-alone devices are the old Wi-Fi thermostats which don't require the hub.

I'll PM you.

Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline andycee

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 02:48:55 pm »
Ahh, my mistake.

Thank you

Offline sifer69

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 11:45:47 am »
Hi! I'm just started looking into using Vera as controller for LightwaveRF instead of the dedicated LWRF controller. Now that I see it can control my Heatmiser Neos too then it's a no-brainer. I'd be very interested in the neo plugin - any chance of sending it to me?

Offline racarter

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 05:02:39 pm »
sifer69 - I'll PM you.

Offline u587162

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 07:58:24 am »
Hi

I'm new to this forum but I was told by someone at Vesternet about the forums indicating that Heatmiser now working with the Vera controllers. 

I am about to order an underfloor heating system and want to choose between Heatmiser and Honeywell Evo Home.  What are your thoughts about the two systems?  Is there anything I WONT need to order from heatmiser because the Vera control could handle it, to save on costs?  I will have approx 15 zones across 3 floors, so 15 Neo stats, several of which will be wireless and some wired.

Thanks.

Offline u587162

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 04:18:24 am »
Would appreciate some feedback pls from anyone before I place my order.

Offline racarter

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 04:49:31 am »
u587162 - I'm the developer of the Heatmiser Neo Vera plug-in.  You'd need a Neohub plus as many Neostats as your system requires; the Neostats can't communicate with anything except a Neohub.

I can't comment on the Honeywell product but there are over 50 users of my plug-in so far, and judging by the feedback they seem happy with it.

Offline u587162

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 04:30:33 am »
Hi racarter

Many thanks for your reply.  Can I ask, do you personally use the Heatmiser system yourself and have a view of this product compared to others you may or may not have tried?

Finally, to what levels of automation does your plugin allow users to do things with the Vera zwave controller?

Thanks.

Offline racarter

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 06:57:55 am »
Yes, I use Neo myself.  I had a Heatmiser WiFi thermostat initially and developed a plug-in for that.  When the Neo came out Heatmiser were kind enough to let me have a Neohub, Neostat and Neoplug for development purposes, hence this plug-in.

I haven't used other connected thermostats so can't comment, but the Heatmiser with plug-in does everything I need:

1. Monitor and control temperature and mode from Vera dashboard, scenes and PLEG.

2. Switch hall thermostat to frost protection mode if front door is open too long, to avoid heating the street.

3. Vary operation if guests are staying; for example if a baby is present switch on the heating if the bedroom temperature drops too low.

I'm sure other users will have more suggestions; for example, one user delays switching off the heating at night in a room if it's occupied.

Offline simonclark

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 12:37:32 pm »
U587162. I'm one of the ones that talked to Vesternet about promoting the neo. I had a lot of conversations with them about a full zwave solution before I knew about Heatmiser and racarter had written this. I actually got the Heatmiser before the plugin was available.
I have 14 neostats, all wired and think it's a much more flexible setup than a full zwave one. I ok override timers and temp using pleg based on motion sensors (thanks ask to racarter texecoom plugin) and gcal plugin and iPhone locators. Plus use alexa to control them.

I looked at evohome as I have 4 rooms on one zones and wanted the trvs but iy was very expensive to do. I'm still considering adding a zwave one or 2 and using pleg to do some fine tuning.

I like that it works if the Vera goes down and can still have its own recipe overrides ifttt control outside Vera.

As an example We occasionally work from home doing the week when the timer is off and now if it motion is detected after 8am mon-fri it turns on the heating downstairs and then the standard evening program kicks in at 6.

Offline u587162

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:20 am »
simonclark,

Thanks for that feedback.  Yes Mark at Vesternet also told me about the problems of a zwave thermostat and the difficulty in getting it to work properly.

I'm about to order my wet UFH anytime now (Floor heating warehouse) and they only offer heatmiser.  Some UFH companies that I met at the various shows (Grand Designs, Home Renovation Show etc) said they moved away from Heatmiser due to various reasons, hence why I was not sure.

I get a lot more comfort now knowing that there is a plugin here so will give it a go.  I have both a Fibaro HC2 controller that I bought a while ago but not using and the Vera Edge+ which I have yet to open.  Silly question but this plugin wont work with other controllers right?

What is the reference to texecom?  I plan to install a texecom alarm system shortly too.

Offline racarter

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 12:10:20 pm »
u587162

You are correct - this plug-in is written for Vera and will not work on other platforms.  I am also the developer of the Texecom plug-in, so when you've got your system (Premier 48 or later) give me a shout.

I've recently ported all my plug-ins to the Indigo platform too.