Hello, I'm looking for support to configure a handheld Remotec ZRC-100 as a secondary controller to my Vera Edge U17. I can 'include' the handheld successfully but have been unable to discover how to copy the 'devices' data to it from my Vera Edge. I have the manuals, but found no ideas there. Any suggestions for a solution from forum members would be appreciated.
You may have given up by now, but I just got one of these and the steps are:
1. If you've been playing with the remote before now, wipe it. Hold down the left and right arrow keys for 3 seconds or so, then advanced/reset to default
2. Hold down the up and down arrows, and select 'Learning Mode'
3. Put the remote next to the vera, then on the vera interface add in a new generic zwave device
4. Once it has been added in, and everything has finished, give it a name etc.
If it fails to work the first time, delete the device that may be on the vera and then wipe the remote as per step 1. Then try again. Make sure the remote is definitely close to the vera - if it's too far away then it is likely to fail.
Your remote is now a secondary controller on your network *but* it has no idea what is on it. So you now need to:
1. Hold down the up and down arrow keys
2. Select scan devices
Your devices will start to appear on the remote. They will, however, have generic names with a number based on the 'alt id' that can be revealed in device advanced settings on the vera. Once you've worked out which one is which, you will probably want to rename them to something appropriate by:
1. Hold down the left and right arrow keys
2. Select device configure
3. Select the device you want to update, and choose rename
4. Rename the device using the arrow keys
5. Have a stiff drink. ;-)