Author Topic: Sony TV REST API  (Read 3745 times)

Offline asdf1nit

Re: Sony TV REST API
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 05:20:39 pm »
This looks pretty interesting.
What model TVs will this work with? I have a Sony KDL-55W802A that I was hoping to control over my LAN.
This should work on all of the current Bravia series that use this protocol. All the way back to the A series in 2013

great work, are you still working on a plugin or just going to use the code. will probbaly look at tweaking my lua code to incorporate this rather tan the os request i was using.

Stu

I've been working on it some in my spare time but I have a big network project that's taking up a lot it. I've never made a plugin so I'm basing it around the Samsung TV plugin that I use for my other TV. I haven't worked on anything in a couple weeks. Right now I'm just using the script os.exec way. it actually works well when called from bwsSystems hue bridge via Alexa. I'm only using power and volume commands.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 12:16:24 am »
Thanks!
A plugin sure would be a great help, but I'll see what I can figure out with what's been shared already. I only need a few functions as well.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 04:31:25 pm »
Works like a charm!   This made my day!

The only thing that I'm ever-so-slightly disappointed about is the time it takes for a command to go through (not practical for volume changes), but that could just be the Vera UI that is causing the delay. I haven't experimented enough yet, but I'll test other input methods.

Thanks again!

My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.