We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [_CODE_] EtherRain plugins  (Read 5194 times)

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
[_CODE_] EtherRain plugins
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:43:02 pm »
EtherRain code has been moved to code.mios.com
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_etherrain-controller

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
Re: [_CODE_] EtherRain plugins
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »
I will likely add support for the Rain Sensor status in the form of a virtual motion sensor child device
I didn't see it - ER can return rain sensor status? That's cool!

Also, support for multiple ER's will be added

This is something I'm interested in too. If user has one ER with scenes, schedules, etc, and then he adds another one; Vera sends UDP query, both respond... how can we possibly know which IP belongs to whom?

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:11:39 pm »
Ok, totally from memory, but just looked at this two nights ago.  So for rain sensor status, you would do the same that you are doing to get operating and command status, but parse the "rn" value - that is the rain detector status.
And for multiple ER's, I'm pretty sure the ER API allows remote configuration, including naming the controller.  So, on the first init of the plugin, you broadcast, and then one at a time, go through and name each controller, i.e. ER1, ER2, ER3 and so on.  Then, for all inits of the plugin, send a UDP broadcast.  All ER's will respond with their names as the "n" value in the UDP response.  That will help you locate and place them in your parent plugin.  I think the key will have to be to name them something different than they are named out of the box, so the plugin can identify if they have been found before or not.
Vera1 (1.1142), Vera2 (1.1182), VRI06 (12), VRS15 (3), VRS05 (2), VRF01 (2), VRCS4 (2), ZRW113, ZRF113 (2), 45602, 45603, TZMT400 (2), FE599 (2), 99100, Thinkstick, Harmony 890Pro (2), Harmony RF Extender, Nevo S70, Nevo NC-50, Minimote, SQ Remote, SQ Blaster, EtherRain-8, Cliste ActiveRFID, TED5002

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:45:32 pm »
@woodsby, given what you're describing it sounds like you'll need to keep a list, in a Variable attached to the Parent, of which ones you've seen before.

Given these are all indep Network  attached it's possible that one will be "offline", or won't responding in time, when Vera polls/broadcast and you'll still want to create a stub-child in that case (otherwise all the other dependent objects in Vera like attached-Scenes etc will get modified)

Offline ERdevman

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:57:56 am »
@woodsby, 325xi:

I have an EtherRain transponder utility that I used in discovery development a few years ago.  It will install on Windows XP, and maybe newer machines.  It provides an EtherRain packet response to an EtherRain admin discovery packet (the discovery packet sent from Vera).  It lets you enter a device name so you can identify where the packet came from.    You can use it to develop discovery routines for multiple EtherRain controllers.  Email if you'd like a copy.

Offline twells5

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 09:36:49 pm »
Hi All,

I have just received an Etherain unit and am trying to using the ER++ Vera plugins.  I got the EtherainExt.xml files and uploaded them to my Vera unit, which is running UI3 firmware.  Then I created the etherain device in the mios developer screen. No problem there...I got the device correctly in the advance settings and proceeded to set my ip  and mac addresses and the on times for each of the 8 valves.  All seemed normal....and I was able to follow the instructions I got on this web site without issue. After setup, the vera ui showed the etherain as a generic io device, and each valve is represented by the standard (lightbulb) io image.  When I try to run a cycle using the etherain device it turns red and flashes a "can't find implementation' error message, and yet I can see the I_EthernetExt.xml file on the mios developer files page.  But what is also kind of odd is that when I activate the Etherain device via the Lawncheck.com web site, the valves work perfectly and when I go to my vera ui during the cycle, each of the zone lightbulb images in vera light up and turn off correctly corresponding to the particuliar zone being turned on by the Lawncheck site.  And yet I can't control the etherain from vera.  It's like there is input accepted back from the etherain to vera, but no output from vera to the etherain.  I've tried reloading the files but got the same result.  And advice would be appreciated at this point....

Thanx,

tim