We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Next Firmware release date?  (Read 13683 times)

Offline Spanners

Next Firmware release date?
« on: March 25, 2016, 07:38:22 am »
Anyone got visibility on next release? We seem to have lost the monthly cycle, presumably due to Vera plus release.

Last UI7 update was a disaster for me, bricked unit needed WinXP firmware replacement and zwave has been flaky ever since. I'm hoping the large number of issues logged with the Plus will result in code fixes for the rest of us.

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Next Firmware release date?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:23:43 am »
The next update starts really getting long.
Personnalement, I do not have a lot of equipment at the moment so I have not met bug on my vera edge but it's true that people possessing a vera plus.

I think vera control have to do more small update rather than waiting 3 months for a big one.
This satisfied more people and this limit user dissatisfaction.

personaly, what I want most is an update of the mobile app.
The last update date of December 18, 2015 ... while homelive application had an updated March 2, 2016 and, I do not understand !!!

The biggest problem with that, it is that more " vera control" expect , more the expectation of users is large and the blows,  the risk of disappointment is great .

I have identified some gaps / bug on the app that make the application unusable for me for now:

- The screen stays on even changing the android permission (keep lit screen) and
This is problematic when we want to use it on a dedicated wall tablet.
- No refresh the image of a camera in the camera panel (should be adjustable (1s, 5s, 10s, 30s, OFF, manual with a button)
- When pressing play on the widget camera, live in there wrote "Not connected."
- When adding a plugin (vistual switch for example) on the application, we do not see the switch.
- It would add some language to the application (French and German at first)
- I saw on the forum that there will a problem on the WWN plugin, I receive my nest V3 tonight, so I might argue more about this tomorrow

To vera control, you must communicate more on your todo list , content of future updating and their date of availability.
I think you would avoid users angry.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:28:00 am by titof174 »
Vera edge (Ui7) + 2xfgbs-001, 2xfgsd-002, 2xDSA22, 1xFGS-222, 1xGreenwave NS210-F, wallplug, fgk-101, Nest thermostat V2 / Synology EDS 14

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:02:12 am »
have you tried AltUI ? it works on desktop and on mobile as well and does not have these issue. also it is localized in french and other language can be done easily by whoever wants to contribute

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8246
forum : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:05:20 am »
Hello,
Thank you for your salvation and I realized the enormous work on ALTUI .
If Vera had you in his team, no doubt it would be more effective .
Personally, I prefer using the native application even if , for now , it is absolutely unnecessary because of flaws that I mention above .
Otherwise , I use the mobile site but it is a degraded situation which I hope will not last.

You will understand that made ​​use of a mobile site is not as comfortable as an application that's why I expect to firm up a nice evolution of the mobile application .

Vera control , if you could reply to this thread please , it would calm my frustration because , for the moment, the only time you answered me is when I foresaw the purchase of an edge .
Do not let me believe that your speech was interested
Vera edge (Ui7) + 2xfgbs-001, 2xfgsd-002, 2xDSA22, 1xFGS-222, 1xGreenwave NS210-F, wallplug, fgk-101, Nest thermostat V2 / Synology EDS 14

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 11:11:30 am »
If you want a response from Vera I suggest you use there Facebook or Customer Support to ask a question.
There participation here is spotty ... This is the USERS forum not an extension of there support organization.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 04:50:21 pm »
April 14 2016 they told me:

Our goal is to release it on April 14 but if we will find some issues there might be a slight delay untill they are solved.

However, we will do our best to release it within 2 weeks.

Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 05:05:24 pm »
Hello,
Thank you for your salvation and I realized the enormous work on ALTUI .
If Vera had you in his team, no doubt it would be more effective .
Personally, I prefer using the native application even if , for now , it is absolutely unnecessary because of flaws that I mention above .
Otherwise , I use the mobile site but it is a degraded situation which I hope will not last.

You will understand that made ​​use of a mobile site is not as comfortable as an application that's why I expect to firm up a nice evolution of the mobile application .

Vera control , if you could reply to this thread please , it would calm my frustration because , for the moment, the only time you answered me is when I foresaw the purchase of an edge .
Do not let me believe that your speech was interested

Agreed, I Fully understand the difference between a mobile site and a native app. But please note that there are very little difference between a mobile app and altUI because of some very important points that were part of altUI design.

1: altUI is a single page Web 2.0 app. there is never any other load of pages like a web site , it all happens on client side , with zero http page loads except the first one,the rest is fully Ajax based and therefor makes no difference of behavior or user feels.

2: the page uses the iOS meta tab which enables the user to save it as an icon on your iOS device home page and launch it directly from here. Once done that you launch it directly like any other native app and It feels no difference

3: it fully uses the bootstrap responsive design and adapt to all screen size . From iPhone 4 smallish to large desks screens, it just adapts to it.

Just in case...:-)

Offline cybrmage

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »
April 14 2016 they told me:

Our goal is to release it on April 14 but if we will find some issues there might be a slight delay untill they are solved.

However, we will do our best to release it within 2 weeks.

They have also stated:
Hi retireditguy. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The Insteon issue WILL be resolved in the next firmware update. It will not be released if the Insteon issue is not resolved. The I know that the QA team is in the process of testing the build, hopefully it will be ready to be released into public beta shortly.

Considering that the native Insteon support has been spotty dating back to mid UI5 (hence the need for alsteon)... The next VeraPlus firmware may never be released....

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 03:17:23 am »
Thank you all for your answers.

But I must confess that I wrote too fast.

In fact, last night I became aware that an application for Windows 10 was released in beta. I tried it on my PC ( I wanted to try it on a portable mobile windows 8 but invisible on the store)

I must admit that I was surprised in a good way  :-* .

- There is the French ( and Italian and other ...)
- The camera works well ( refresh OK  )
- Many more menu.

If the android application take this direction, it satisfies me

I just noticed that

- the virtual switch is not shown ( though I uninstalled and reinstalled the application but it does not appear ) same for day & night plugin
- there are no buttons to control the DLNA on the plugin lolodomo ( I have not tried other plugin)
- Alerts are not display

@RichardTSchaefer Thank you for your answer
I thought vera control dragged by .
So I would follow the logic circuit to back up information

@ amg0
I'm sorry but I find the interface less adjusted , simple ... it may be the price to pay for more functionality .
But again , I appreciate the work that I have the feeling that you reinvents,a little, the wheel.

I think you should create some plugin ( with optional donation ) next .
I think ecodevice ,  Web Energy Server of cartelectronic , monitoring synology ....)
Given your knowledge , it would not take long to you and I would be happy to donate you for it.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 11:22:34 am »

In fact, last night I became aware that an application for Windows 10 was released in beta. I tried it on my PC ( I wanted to try it on a portable mobile windows 8 but invisible on the store)

WHat app in Windows 10?  Grasshopper?

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »
Vera mobile beta on the windows store.
I have seen iOS apps have many language to.
so Android next maybe
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:32:48 am by titof174 »

Offline tomgru

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 12:40:53 pm »
Vera mobile beta on the windows store.
I have se en iOS apps have manu language to.
Si Android next maybe

Forgot about that one.... I'm still on UI5...think that only works with UI7

Offline trygve

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »
1: altUI is a single page Web 2.0 app. there is never any other load of pages like a web site , it all happens on client side , with zero http page loads except the first one,the rest is fully Ajax based and therefor makes no difference of behavior or user feels.

As a web developer; I am pretty sure that the Vera mobile app is a "single page web app". I would guess its packaged with Phonegap or something similar to get it into the app stores.
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 01:23:59 pm »
I agree, this is why I say altUI and a native app would have little feeli differences once altUI is saved as an icon on your home page. With the use of the meta tags you do not even see the iOS Safari header controls.

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 01:43:17 pm »
Next beta release for this week ;)