Author Topic: TKB TZ88E-GEN5 settings  (Read 998 times)

Offline CelticWebs

TKB TZ88E-GEN5 settings
« on: April 19, 2016, 02:51:05 pm »
Hi all,

I added some TZ88E-GEN5 plug sockets to my system today and they work fine and appear to be reporting energy data.  I need to look further into the Energy Tab to see how I use that on My Vera Plus but taht for another time.

Currently when I cut the power then turn it back on, the switches stay off (even though they were on before power cut).  does anybody know how to make a switch default to being on?

Another issue is one of them is connected to me UPS which in turn runs my computers and the like.  IS there anyway to disable a plug from being turned off at all?  I only added it to that power connection to see what power my UPS and computers were sucking.

I've had a search about and I'm not finding anything about the above subjects so if anybody has any tips that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Slartibartfast

Re: TKB TZ88E-GEN5 settings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:55:23 pm »
Hi all,

I added some TZ88E-GEN5 plug sockets to my system today and they work fine and appear to be reporting energy data.  I need to look further into the Energy Tab to see how I use that on My Vera Plus but taht for another time.

Currently when I cut the power then turn it back on, the switches stay off (even though they were on before power cut).  does anybody know how to make a switch default to being on?

Another issue is one of them is connected to me UPS which in turn runs my computers and the like.  IS there anyway to disable a plug from being turned off at all?  I only added it to that power connection to see what power my UPS and computers were sucking.

I've had a search about and I'm not finding anything about the above subjects so if anybody has any tips that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

On the power front I cannot help as I do not have the power monitoring version. Look into the variables to see if anything appears there.

For the power on return state, they should default to 'previous state'
If they do not then try adding parameter 5, 1 byte, value =1
Use value 0 for always return to off
use value 2 for always return to on

At least thats what the data sheets suggest.

Ideally of course, you want them left powered up as then they act as repeaters for other devices on your system. If they are off, devices which should use them have to find alternative routes.

To block turn off via front button, add paremeter 6, 1 byte, value = 0 (again from data sheet so don't blame me if it doesn't  work  :)

If you find out about power monitor, let us know.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Beeffinder

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »
Hello there,

I'm trying to add the TZ88e to my Vera Edge but i can't find the correct device to add it as that will also report the energy?

Could you tell me what i should add them as?

Cheers!

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:50:42 am »
Just add it as a generic Z-wave device and it will add just fine :)

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:59:35 am »
Hi,

On the power front I cannot help as I do not have the power monitoring version. Look into the variables to see if anything appears there.

For the power on return state, they should default to 'previous state'
If they do not then try adding parameter 5, 1 byte, value =1
Use value 0 for always return to off
use value 2 for always return to on

At least thats what the data sheets suggest.

Ideally of course, you want them left powered up as then they act as repeaters for other devices on your system. If they are off, devices which should use them have to find alternative routes.

To block turn off via front button, add paremeter 6, 1 byte, value = 0 (again from data sheet so don't blame me if it doesn't  work  :)

If you find out about power monitor, let us know.

Thanks for the reply.

You are indeed correct, the switch returns to previous state.  Don't know why it didn't do this originally.

It's not the front button I wanted to disable really.  What I want is to fix the switch as being on. 

The reason for this is that I use the home bridge to be able to control Vera with Siri and HomeKit on my iPhone.  It unfortunately sees all plugs the same as lights so when I turn off all lights, it turns off my computers!

So I was hoping there was some way to completely disable it from being turned off, even by Vera.

I've been hunting around but not finding anything.  I think it's just not possible.

Thanks again for your reply.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 07:36:10 am »
I think the all off problem can be resolved by changing the subcategory in variables (see other posts in this forum for suggestions). This should solve the all on/off problem. Then you can hide the device in Vera to prevent accidental clcking on it (again, lots of posts on this).

Alternatively, if this feeds a UPS it is not the end of the world if it is tuned off for just a short time. Set a scene such that if the socket is turned off the scene turns it back on again.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »
For some reason, lately my one computer resets when the UPS kicks back in, no idea why.  its' a decent high (ish) spec APC UPS.  Couple of years old now though so perhaps it's a battery issue.

Offline Chrysalis42

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 08:03:44 pm »
Just add it as a generic Z-wave device and it will add just fine :)
Sorry to bring up an old topic.

What exactly did you do?

I've tried it and all I get if the ability to turn the socket on and off.

None of the power meter stuff appears.

Thanks