Slight update on BlueSmurf's suggestions that worked for me - Vera Edge, Foscam C1 Lite cameras. Initially I followed the info here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Manually_create_IP_Camera_device#UI7
I tried the I_FoscamHD.xml file but found it didn't have the URL variable so used 'I_FoscamPTZ.xml' instead as per the instructions. Now I know how to add that url in thanks to BlueSmurf, I've switched to 'I_FoscamHD.xml' although frankly I don't see much difference.
The steps I took just then to add my C1 Lite onto the system were as follows:
* Go to Apps->Develop Apps->Create Device
* Give a name under the description eg 'Backyard'
* Set Upnp device name = D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
* Set Upnp Implementation Filename = I_FoscamHD.xml
* Put in ip address
* Put in mac address ie de:ad:me:at:12:34
* Click Create Device Button
* Reload Luup (FWIW I have a scene 'called reload luup' that just has the code 'luup.reload()' in it)
* Refresh browser and check Cameras for your new camera which will be displaying "Invalid Camera URL"
* Go into 'extra parameters' of device, and set ip address and port (eg. 192.168.1.23:88). [can leave username and password blank].
* Click in any other box in the screen and you should see the message 'Change property command sent'
* Go to New Service tab within 'extra parameters' and add in the following:
New Service = urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1
New Variable = URL
New Value = cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=username&pwd=password
(replace the username and password with your details)
Now click on 'reload engine'
Next challenge is seeing if can get streaming video! :-)