4crawler, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this. I have two HEM G2s at two separate locations. In my FL home, it's connected to a Vera Plus. In my TN home, it's connected to an Edge.
Within an hour of pairing (or clicking the "configure node now" button), both dashboards show "can't connect to device". For my FL home, it appears to be more cosmetic than anything, and the values (KWH and watts) for parent and two child devices (clamps) are uninterrupted. The TN home is not so lucky.
I've attached a screen shot to underscore the problem.
I've had vera support log into the TN home, after which they said this:
I?ve checked the device and it seems that this issue might be related to the distance of inclusion. When the device was included, the distance was too great and it failed to send some command classes.
As far as I could see on the interface, both of the child devices report Watts and KWH every xx seconds.
The best course of action would be a re-inclusion of this device, but, you?ve already stated that this action is quite uncomfortable.
As long as the device is working properly even if the Red Banner with: Can?t detect device is showing, this will not affect your system.
Please check this link: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Aeon_HomeEnergyMonitor, there is a guide which could help you understand how the device works with Vera.
Please let me know how exactly you are trying to set the device so we can further assist you.
The issue with excluding and re-pairing the HEM in the TN home (or what support calls being "uncomfortable") has to do with the fact that I am 700 miles from the HEM device.
My problem is that while the TN HEM does report, it does it randomly, and so inconsistently, it's useless. The fact that support claims it's an inclusion distance issue might hold water, if I didn't have the exact same setup in both locations. My panel is no more than 15' from the controller in both locations.
I've also been working with Christopher Cheng at Aeon. He's be stellar in terms of support. He even sent me a spreadsheet that let's you calculate the 4 byte dec value for parm 101 to get any number of reading possibilities for the parent or child devices. Pretty cool... if only it worked.
Chris thinks there may be something in the house that's causing the HEM to disconnect or drop out. Usually when the readings don't update, they holdover whatever the last value was - thus a flat line on the Datamine graph showing 5 hours of 385.11watts. Sometimes, though, it will actually show ZERO watts.
Very frustrating. Especially in light of the fact that the utility company in TN is using a 'smart meter' that sends daily KWH usage to their portal where I can see what they're billing me every 24 hours. And those values are insanely high. I've had days where they claim I used 12KWH in two hours... And this is an EMPTY house with nothing turned on (no appliances, no HWH, no well pump, no ACs). It is the reason I got the HEM for that location. Oh well
Let me know what you find out. I'll post updates here (if I don't forget).