Author Topic: Adding a Foscam FI9900P to Vera Plus  (Read 2570 times)

Offline sco0by

Adding a Foscam FI9900P to Vera Plus
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »
Hi all, I have just purchased a Vera Plus and a Foscam FI9900P IP camera but am having no luck in getting the Vera to see the camera.

It does not automatically detect it, and when manually adding it no combination of settings work.

The snapshot URL works fine, if I enter: http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture&usr=admin&pwd=admin into a browser I get a snapshot image.

I have tried changing the port from the default 88 to 80, dropping the http:// prefix, shortening the URL to http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture, leaving the username/password fields blank, but all return the same camera not found result.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Offline thxultra

Re: Adding a Foscam FI9900P to Vera Plus
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 06:58:50 am »
Step 1 - Make sure you have the FoscamHD plugin installed
Step 2 - Go to Apps->Develop Apps->Create Device
Step 3 - set upnp device name = D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml and Upnp Implementation Filename = I_FoscamHD.xml
Step 4 - Click Create Device Button
Step 5 - Reload Luup
Step 6 - Refresh browser and check Cameras, new camera called "IP Camera Ext" should be created and displaying "Invalid Camera URL"
Step 7 - Go into advanced settings of device, and set ip address and port (eg. 192.168.0.38:88). Set username and password. Click Done.
Step 8 - Go back into advanced settings and click Extra Parameters
Step 9 - Go to New Service.

New Service = urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1
New Variable = URL
New Value = cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=<username>&pwd=<password>    Replace the <> with your details.

Step 9 - Click "Add" then Click "Reload Engine".
Step 10 - Refresh browser and go to your Camera, it should now be working.

This works for C1, C2 and R2 cameras. Should work for any HD Foscams with current firmware.

Works for me,greetings

Offline sco0by

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »
Thanks for the advice - followed that and it worked for me.

;D

Offline omriamos

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:09:01 am »
This works for C1, C2 and R2 cameras. Should work for any HD Foscams with current firmware.

Hello,

Can I also control the R2's Pan/Tilt/Zoom features from within Vera (UI7) ?
And what about the Two-Way Audio?

Thanks

Offline Spanners

• https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »

Hello,

Can I also control the R2's Pan/Tilt/Zoom features from within Vera (UI7) ?
And what about the Two-Way Audio?

Thanks

PTZ yes.
Audio no.

Offline charterdog

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 08:05:06 am »
My VeraLite was dropping devices and acting funny so I installed a VeraPlus.  I included all of my devices, created standard scenes, and LUUP scenes to integrate Global Cache devices.  It works great.

I picked up a couple of Foscam POE FI9853EP's and Foscam POE FI9900EP's I'd like to integrate into my system.  I started with a FI9853EP following thxultra's posts instructions verbatem and I get "Not Connected".

I changed the Username to 12 Characters and the Password to 12 Characters including a <-> character.  Could this be the problem?

I am running:
System Firmware 1.7.2414
Camera Firmware 2.22.2.27

Thanks.

Offline charterdog

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 12:11:02 pm »
Well I got the VeraPlus to recognize the camera, however, I get the following message:

Offline charterdog

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 01:27:49 pm »
I changed the username and password and git it working. ;D

Offline jdbowenvt

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 02:00:43 pm »
Has anyone here successfully connected a FI9900P w/ the instructions from thxultra?  I've tried multiple times but I get no image from the camera.  I've confirmed that the camera is working w/ the IP address/username/password that I'm using.  I've got a vera edge w/ ui7.  In addition to no picture the FoscamHD plugin never seems to completely startup.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
JB

Offline Skyking

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:39 pm »
jdbowenvt,

I ran across this thread while searching for how to get a Foscam R2 mapped into my new Vera Plus.  I have gone round-and-round, first following the directions above and then using the app for Foscams that is available from within the Dashboard.  No dice.  I was therefore VERY disappointed to see that on a user forum you had made a post six weeks ago and had zero replies.

It is my hope that by posting a follow up it will refresh this and someone will follow up and help us out.  From a newbie - Can anybody help us out here?   :o ;D

Thanks!

Phil

Offline Rsjr

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »
jdbowenvt,

I ran across this thread while searching for how to get a Foscam R2 mapped into my new Vera Plus.  I have gone round-and-round, first following the directions above and then using the app for Foscams that is available from within the Dashboard.  No dice.  I was therefore VERY disappointed to see that on a user forum you had made a post six weeks ago and had zero replies.

It is my hope that by posting a follow up it will refresh this and someone will follow up and help us out.  From a newbie - Can anybody help us out here?   :o ;D

I was in the same situation as you and invested many hours only to conclude and confirm that the Foscam R2 (version 3) won't work with Vera, at least with the current firmware.  The processes used to get a photo snapshot or streaming video out of the R2 and described in this forum aren't applicable to this camera.   The Foscam R2 only uses Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) which Vera doesn't support for this particular camera.    The Foscam is a nice camera but since I bought it assuming it would work out of the box with the various plug-ins in the App Store (and found out otherwise) so I'm sending it back.   Will try a camera with an HTTP stream and give it another try.

Hope this helps.   I regret how much time I wasted on his but I suppose I'm a little smarter now.