Author Topic: Fibaro button vera support...?  (Read 11313 times)

Offline shallowearth

Re: Fibaro button vera support...?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »
The Beta firmware seems to have addressed the issue with battery devices showing offline.  Hopefully when they release it officially it will resolve your issue.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 01:04:47 pm »
And introduce loads more lol

Offline tonycolin

Re: Fibaro button vera support...? FGPB101
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 05:12:58 am »
I have added the part number of the Fibaro button to the title of this thread as searches for Fibaro Button produce a million useless threads!

Just for clarification has anybody managed to get more than one press working?

Using Jakki's code, one press works perfectly, but there should be 5 presses (clicks) plus a hold-down available. 

I also confirm that the moulding of the product is giving me some difficulty to assure a positive click.  I may have to get out my sandpaper too!

FGPB101
FGPB-101
FGPB 101
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:15:02 am by tonycolin »

Offline RitterIwan

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:32 am »
@Marc Shenker:

Hi Mark I found this post:

Usually you can get limited functionality if you pair via the standard method vs the secure method.

How can I pair devices with the standad method? It seems the vera unit tries to pair with the secure method by default. How can I tell the unit to pair with the standard method?

Offline ciro307

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »
Hi: I can add the Button but I get the following message:Waiting for wakeup to configure device.
Four clicks is suppose to wake it up, but nothing happens?
Can someone help?
Thank you.
ciro307

Offline cityboy

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 06:28:29 am »
Mine is also waiting for wakeup. Been like that for weeks.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 11:06:20 am »
Usually a secure add can only occur if the device is close to the Vera.  Try adding the device from a long way away, that may force it into unsecure add mode.

Offline RandalllDigOS

Fibaro button vera support
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 05:50:33 am »
Isnt there any easier way. What if I want to change color in the runtime on dynamically created button?

Offline gpaciorek

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 09:05:20 am »
Hi
I have applied the provided jason script. Unfortunately after first initial success something went wrong.
When I added first Fibaro Button it wasn't working. Then I have found this solution and applied it. It made Button working with one press and it was fine for me so added the second button then.
Next day had to travel and when returned back my wife told me the buttons are not working. Her mobile app is not working and in fact nothing was working. I couldn't operate anything, I couldn't run scenes. The UI completely froze although I could login to box with putty. 
I mailed the support saying what was changed but they only recovered from last backup. The next response from support mentioned they did several tests. And nobody has paid attention to my first mail saying I was playing with these buttons. Of course my Vera Edge is still not working. OK, it is working, consuming energy but can't operate it.

So my question:
Is there any way to remove this D_FibaroButton1.json file manually without using UI just from shell?

I couldn't find any useful info on where and in what way json files are stored (zip/tar?). Couldn't also find the file using linux command:
Code: [Select]
find . -name "*D_FibaroButton1.json*" from root. Even couldn't find any "*json*" file at all.

TIA
Greg
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:11:40 am by gpaciorek »

Offline Toeffen

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 03:37:11 am »
All press modes can be activated by changing the device type to a scene controller, and using a customized json file.

The Fibaro Button seems to set a variable "sl_CentralSceneAttr" to different values depending on how the button was pressed. Values are as follows: 0=one click, 1=hold and release, 2=button is being held (set to -> 1 when released), 3=double click, 4=three clicks, 5=four clicks, 6=five clicks. Scene number (variable "sl_CentralScene") seems to always be 1.

To anyone who's interested, here's how I made it work:

I've made a quick and dirty json for enabling all the press modes. Get the file from http://pastebin.com/raw/9BgxNkyj and save it as D_FibaroButton1.json

- Upload the json file to you Vera: Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup Files -> Upload

- Then go to Devices -> Your Button -> Advanced, and change the following fields:

device_type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:SceneController:1
device_file: D_SceneController1.xml
device_json: D_FibaroButton1.json

- To reload the luup engine, go to Apps -> Develop Apps ->Test Luup code (Lua), and write "luup.reload()" (without the quotes) to the code field and press GO (btw, is there an easier way to do this?).

You can now create scenes for different press modes by entering scene number "1" to "Which scene number" field and selecting the appropriate press mode from the dropdown menu, under the "Whenever a scene is activated" option.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with Fibaro Button and Vera!

Hi.
I am new to z-wave and i am now struggling with The Button. I have Vera Plus.
I have tried to change the json file, and did as described in this post. But then the button disappear.
I have tried several times, factory resetting the button. But i dont understand what im doing wrong.

My experience with Vera, and zwave are limited. So I hope you can help me..

Offline altosax

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »
Hey Indimax84, I cannot reproduce what you mean.
I make a new sc?ne, use fibaro button as trigger (whenever push button is  on)
Then I take the garage switch as action (opens my garagedoor).
No action ween I push the button, why?
When I push the Play button in the sc?ne editor, no problem, the sc?ne opens my garagedoor. But the button is clearely inclusief but doesn't want to co?peratie.
What are the details for your working sc?ne?
Do I need to do extra configurations on the button to make it communicatie?
Grtz

Offline altosax

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017, 04:20:40 am »
Hey Toeffen,
It seems I got a lot further with your script.
I can find the parameters you mentioned.
But about scene numbers: after so many tries until now, my latest made scene has id 7 (can't change it).
You write:
 "You can now create scenes for different press modes by entering scene number "1" to "Which scene number" field and selecting the appropriate press mode from the dropdown menu, under the "Whenever a scene is activated" option."
I have scene 7 using your comments.
My settings are: https://we.tl/9dzImSMrm9
Do I need to change the 1 into 7? It looks like the scene is referring to itself -> I make a scene which triggers a scene. Do I need to make two scenes where one scene it triggering the other one?
I want to open my garage door  with the button. Thie door a as figaro FGS212 switch and that works well.
Maybe help its to understand if more than one scene is involved and about scene id's.
Cheers,
Peter

Offline HolgerLALALA

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017, 06:20:21 am »
Hello,

I have tried to use the json file provided by jakki. Thanks for your work.

When I open it in the device simulator, it says:
The following errors were encountered while checking the JSON:

Missing property "SceneGroup". Use this property to create groups of controls.
    {"Label":{"lang_tag":"ui7_tabname_control","text":"Control"},"Position":"0","TabType":"flash","top_navigation_tab":1,"Control":[{"ControlType":"label","Label":{"lang_tag":"ui7_scenes","text":"Scenes"},"Display":{"Top":60,"Left":50,"Width":75,"Height":20}},{"ControlType":"variable","Display":{"Service":"urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1","Variable":"Scenes","Top":60,"Left":145,"Width":75,"Height":20}}]}
    Missing property "ControlGroup". Use this property to group controls.
    {"Label":{"lang_tag":"ui7_tabname_control","text":"Control"},"Position":"0","TabType":"flash","top_navigation_tab":1,"Control":[{"ControlType":"label","Label":{"lang_tag":"ui7_scenes","text":"Scenes"},"Display":{"Top":60,"Left":50,"Width":75,"Height":20}},{"ControlType":"variable","Display":{"Service":"urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1","Variable":"Scenes","Top":60,"Left":145,"Width":75,"Height":20}}]}

I get the same error, when I open the original "D_CentralSceneController1.json" File.

Is there something, I must configure first, or is there something wrong with my system at all?

Thanks in Advance
Holger

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 03:11:48 pm »
Ffs.

My button has started only working about 50% of the time

Offline vc88

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 02:10:15 pm »
All press modes can be activated by changing the device type to a scene controller, and using a customized json file.

The Fibaro Button seems to set a variable "sl_CentralSceneAttr" to different values depending on how the button was pressed. Values are as follows: 0=one click, 1=hold and release, 2=button is being held (set to -> 1 when released), 3=double click, 4=three clicks, 5=four clicks, 6=five clicks. Scene number (variable "sl_CentralScene") seems to always be 1.

To anyone who's interested, here's how I made it work:

I've made a quick and dirty json for enabling all the press modes. Get the file from http://pastebin.com/raw/9BgxNkyj and save it as D_FibaroButton1.json

- Upload the json file to you Vera: Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup Files -> Upload

- Then go to Devices -> Your Button -> Advanced, and change the following fields:

device_type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:SceneController:1
device_file: D_SceneController1.xml
device_json: D_FibaroButton1.json

- To reload the luup engine, go to Apps -> Develop Apps ->Test Luup code (Lua), and write "luup.reload()" (without the quotes) to the code field and press GO (btw, is there an easier way to do this?).

You can now create scenes for different press modes by entering scene number "1" to "Which scene number" field and selecting the appropriate press mode from the dropdown menu, under the "Whenever a scene is activated" option.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with Fibaro Button and Vera!

Looking for a little help here.   I have uploaded the json file, changed the 3 device fields, and then restarted Luup.  I still can't get a scene to trigger.  I see additional configuration options, and i'm not sure what to do with them.  I'm only looking to trigger 1 scene with a single button click.

For instance, how many buttons do I enter for NumButtons?  I have tried, 1, 2, 6, etc.
Is there anything additional that needs to be configured in advanced?
How do I configure a specific scene to run when pushed?  I see a setting for this in the device, and I see a setting in the scene.  I can't seem to make them talk to each other.  In the scene, 2 questions are asked.  1 for the "scene number(?)" and one to define how the button is pressed.

I'd appreciate any advice to get me over this next hurdle.  Thanks all!