Author Topic: Scene switch for all lights,  (Read 1435 times)

Offline nutshellml

Scene switch for all lights,
« on: September 09, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »
Afternoon all... I'm remodeling kitchen/living/dining room adding about 18 recessed lights on about 3-4 different GE Zwave dimmer switches, also have some pendant lighting.  I'm wanting to put a single scene controller/switch near my stairs so I am able to turn off or on everything at once.  I also want an extra button or two for future add ons (turn on radio or all outside lights, or similar).  I'm somwhat confused by the GE Scene Controller and what it can / can't do.  Any recommendations, thoughts, or actual scene switches/controller would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Scene switch for all lights,
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »
The GE controller is a battery operated controller that effectively controls devices directly. Howeverit is not well suited to activating Vera scenes. But there are lots of choices:
Linear/GoControl WT00Z-1 One Button Scene Controller - Can control up to 5 dimmers via direct association.

Leviton VRCS4-M0Z Vizia RF + 4-Button Remote Scene Controller

Remotec ZRC-90US 8 Button Battery Powered Scene Controller

Linear/GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switch Battery Powered

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:39:26 pm »
The GE controller is a battery operated controller that effectively controls devices directly. Howeverit is not well suited to activating Vera scenes. But there are lots of choices:
Linear/GoControl WT00Z-1 One Button Scene Controller - Can control up to 5 dimmers via direct association.

Leviton VRCS4-M0Z Vizia RF + 4-Button Remote Scene Controller

Remotec ZRC-90US 8 Button Battery Powered Scene Controller

Linear/GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switch Battery Powered

THANKS!

Offline ember1205

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:38:25 pm »
There are also ways that you can tie switches together, and with programming you can add a Z-Wave push button switch and have different things happen based on the number of times you press the switch.

I have three different circuits that control my outside lighting in the back yard. I have a scene for "all on" and another for "all off". Each uses two different triggers to run the scenes (two of the three switches - the third is "allowed" to operate independently). If I turn ON one of those two switches, everything turns on. If I turn OFF one of those two switches, everything turns off. If I toggle the third switch, only the state of that light changes.

Offline boykster

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:44:46 pm »
has anyone successfully gotten Vera to recognize and respond to the WA00Z-1?

(Linear/GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switch Battery Powered)

I can get it to register with Vera, but I've not been able to get Vera to recognize the button presses in any manner.  I can see activity in the log, but haven't had a chance to see if there's a way to utilize that info to trigger a scene or not....

Offline boykster

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 12:01:32 am »
has anyone successfully gotten Vera to recognize and respond to the WA00Z-1?

(Linear/GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switch Battery Powered)

I can get it to register with Vera, but I've not been able to get Vera to recognize the button presses in any manner.  I can see activity in the log, but haven't had a chance to see if there's a way to utilize that info to trigger a scene or not....

Never mind - I figured it out.  Key is to add it and make sure it is seen as a switch (using genericIO definition is fine).  Then go into device options and setup groups 2 and 3 (optional).  For each group select what devices you want this remote switch to control.  Don't rely on scenes or other triggers, or at least I was never able to figure out how to use it that way.

Offline MNB

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:16:49 pm »
Update to the GoControl WA00A-1 Controller inclusion procedure;

I was able to successfully include the new device and assign On and Off scenes to each button as follows;

Select "Add Device"; "Generic Z-wave device" it will create a Controller using "D_SceneC?ontroller1.xml" as the device_file. It should also correctly identify the Manufacturer as "GoControl" and Model as "WA00Z-1" as verified in the device Params tab.

You should also have a "Select scenes for device buttons" when you select it will ask how many buttons your controller has I indicated two. You will need to have two scenes created; one to turn-ON the light(s)/device(s) and another to turn-OFF the light(s)/device(s) to assign your newly created scene to each button (I found that Button #1 was the top button (closed to LED) and that Button #2 was the bottom button) I assigned mine as #1= ON and #2=OFF (similar to conventional light switch).

I had my WA00Z-1 controller near my VERA unit to ensure that the new button assignment(s) were attached to the WA00Z-1 controller. In my case, all worked as advertised. For my application, I did not have any light switches/boxes within a room so I attached the controller directly to the wall with drywall anchors (looks great) and used it to control a torche via a Intermatic ON/OFF switch.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:21:33 pm by MNB »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline genius8237

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 12:44:46 am »
I just got the GoControl setup as well, here is what worked for me. I paired the device as a generic zwave device but it showed up as a generic switch. Under the devices advanced settings I had to change the following settings:

device_type:
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:SceneController:1

device_file:
D_SceneController1.xml

device_json:
D_CentralSceneController1.json

I did a reload and the device was now a scene controller with the option to "Select scenes for device buttons". It gave me 2 buttons each with Tap, Press, Release control which doesnt really make sense for this device. I had to set all 3 (tap, release, control) for each button to the scene I wanted to trigger and it works!