Author Topic: CT100 Thermostat Vera Edge Fan Control  (Read 430 times)

Offline loumarjr

CT100 Thermostat Vera Edge Fan Control
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »
Is there any way to set the CT100 to change Fan mode through a Vera Scene?

I would like to turn the fan off if someone presses the fan only button on the CT100.

My son turned the fan on by accident and it was on all day.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:24:20 pm by loumarjr »

Offline jschaffe

Re: CT100 Thermostat Vera Edge Fan Control
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »
    OK, I got it for my 2 CT101's:

• New Scene
  • Select trigger (I used manual)
  • Next Step
  • Select Devices
  • Choose your thermostat
  • Next
  • Select something like Cool to enable the Validate button (you will delete the action later)
  • Validate
  • Add a delayed action
  • Wait for 30 minutes
  • Validate
  • Choose your thermostat again
  • Next
  • Select something like Cool to enable the Validate button (you'll delete this action later, too)
  • Validate
  • Double check that there are 2 device actions against the thermostat, 30 minutes apart
  • Next Step
  • Click on Advanced Editor
  • In the "Delay: Immediately" section:
  • - Note the command already present, which should reflect your first thermostat change, set earlier in the UI
  • - Click Add action
  • - Choose your thermostat from the "Please select" dropdown
  • - In the SetModeTarget dropdown, look for "HVAC_FanOperatingMode1" and under it select SetMode
  • - In the NewMode field, enter "ContinuousOn" (no spaces)
  • - On the extreme right, click "Add"
  • - On the command that was originally present, click "Delete action"
  • - Confirm that the delete is OK
  • In the "Delay: 30m" section, repeat the process but enter "Auto" in the NewMode field:
  • - Note the command already present, which should reflect your second thermostat change, set earlier in the UI
  • - Click Add action
  • - Choose your thermostat from the "Please select" dropdown
  • - In the SetModeTarget dropdown, look for HVAC_FanOperatingMode1 and under it select SetMode
  • - In the NewMode field, enter "Auto" <-- only change
  • - On the extreme right, click "Add"
  • - On the command that was originally present, click "Delete action"
  • - Confirm that the delete is OK
  • Confirm that you now have 2 actions setting FanOperatingMode1, 30 minutes apart, first to ContinuousOn then back to Auto
  • Click "Done"
  • Select a Room, if you want
  • Name your Scene
  • Click Finish

See the attached images for views of the Advanced editor before, during, and after.
[/list]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:53:25 pm by jschaffe »

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
If you never use the continuous fan option, you can create a scene triggered by the fan being set to continuous, which resets it back to auto. Or you can use a delay to set it back to auto, in case you mean to turn it on.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline jschaffe

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:27:03 am »
If you never use the continuous fan option, you can create a scene triggered by the fan being set to continuous, which resets it back to auto. Or you can use a delay to set it back to auto, in case you mean to turn it on.

I was going to ask how to trigger based on using the fan switch on the thermostat, since I can't control the fan within a normal scene UI (I had to resort to the Advanced Editor, as above).  However, I thought I'd just try and lo and behold, I can trigger if the Fan Switch goes to a particular setting.  I'll test this later today.