Author Topic: Echo Skill Beta  (Read 36695 times)

Offline dbemowsk

Re: Echo Skill Beta
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2017, 02:07:53 pm »
I had some hardware to update before going to the new echo skill, but I had it search my devices a while back but I did not select any for discovery, nor did I have alexa discover devices.  Today I renamed some devices and went back to the alexa.getvera.com page to select the new devices, and it didn't see the renamed devices.  It was still showing the old names.  I thought then that I'd try adding the listed devices and after clicking Finish, it said that it was installing the plugin.  after canceling out of that I got an Amazon Alexa page that said, "An erroroocurre while attempting to link alexa with the external provider.  Please try again later."

Offline markd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
There seems to be some issues with Alexa linking to external devices from a number of vendors.  I installed the netatmo weather station skill and it linked perfectly.  A colleague tried and it failed.

I think this is related to the issues that are being seen in the uk and it might be an Alexa issue.  Pure guesswork here though...

Offline markd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »
Could a US user please confirm what version of Alexa firmware you are on.

In the UK I'm on 5031

Thanks

Offline dbemowsk

« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2017, 08:45:42 pm »
@markd, Figured I'd post that I resolved my issue that I posted earlier.  I went back to the email for setting up the new beta and realized that I didn't upgrade to the beta firmware.  So today I installed 1.7.2558 on my Vera Plus which fixed my problems.  This is the information I went by to fix things :
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2729880

Offline NHguy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #499 on: February 12, 2017, 09:29:07 pm »
I'm in the US on alexa fw 5031 with the latest skill and things are working fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline dbemowsk

« Reply #500 on: February 12, 2017, 10:41:49 pm »
@NHguy, what Vera device and what UI are you running?  I am only on 2558, but I am running a Vera Plus on UI7.  I am wondering if earlier UI versions are on a higher FW #.

Offline NHguy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #501 on: February 12, 2017, 11:04:56 pm »
Vera plus running 1.7.2414. I installed the new skill immediately when I got the notification (I didn't see the release notes to upgrade firmware). I had been trying forever to get this running after I had it working for a week and then it broke. I believe my problem was when they added support for scenes a little after the original release. Ultimately, after I installed the new skill,  it  identified some duplicate scene names (that are not exposed through vera ui,  some crap configuration I have laying around??? ) that I believe caused it to not discover any devices.  It's working for me so I'm leaving we'll enough alone (for now). I had a long arduous process of getting this going (bricked a vera lite, as well as countless hours of try this try that). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline aPL

• Developers
Re: Echo skill beta
« Reply #502 on: February 13, 2017, 03:27:20 am »
Alexa smart home skill requires the endpoint to respond in under 8 seconds (restriction by amazon). If a command from alexa to your controller through the relay servers takes more than 8 seconds then it will execute but alexa will say there was an error. When I fully use my internet bandwidth I get the same thing.
working @ Vera / MiOS | anything stated is my own opinion and does not reflect the thoughts and opinions of my employer

Offline Anndra

« Reply #503 on: February 13, 2017, 06:11:39 am »
I emailed the beta feedback email address and was asked to respond with my serial number and they will investigate further. Hopeful this will get resolved.
I've received a reply from the beta feedback email address:

"Please note that we have addressed this case to our development team because we are aware of this situation with the Amazon UK and they are working on this as we speak, but I don?t have an ETA for this."

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #504 on: February 13, 2017, 01:52:18 pm »
Considering it now specifically states uk support, it doesn't work for me either :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline markd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #505 on: February 13, 2017, 02:07:11 pm »
Thanks guys for the feedback.  I also had an email from support today saying that they will make an announcement when they have it working.

Offline Nailer00

« Reply #506 on: February 13, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »
Considering it now specifically states uk support, it doesn't work for me either :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't work for anyone in the UK from what I've seen, despite both official announcement emails saying it did...

Vera want you to trust them to secure your home with the latest controller they're pushing, hilarious  :D

Offline fester

Re: Echo skill beta
« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:30 pm »
Been using the latest beta pretty successfully for the last couple of weeks and although a "Scene" could probably be created, the ability for Alexa to integrate its own basic skills with Vera would be nice, such as "turn off bedroom lamp in one minute". Have to check with Amazon to see if this has already been suggested.

Offline markd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2017, 07:16:08 pm »
Has anyone had any further response about the UK echo issues?

Online darbey

« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2017, 11:49:54 am »
Absolutely farcical (given the support are responding to other threads it's obvious this is being ignored).

I'm in Ireland so relying on UK support to get up and running........ go through everything and no devices discovered.......