Author Topic: Echo Skill Beta - New Devices and Relink  (Read 1650 times)

Offline BullGator73

Echo Skill Beta - New Devices and Relink
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:29:33 pm »
Hi All-

I had the Echo beta running alongside an HA bridge.  Decided to go all in with the  vera integration so deleted my bridge devices and went to delink and relink the vera skill.  Now I can't find the vera skill to relink.

I tried resigning up on the beta site but it just brought me to the profile edit page as an existing user.  Anyone have any ideas on how to readd?

thx

Offline NHguy

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Echo Skill Beta - New Devices and Relink
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:24:15 pm »

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2648086-vera-smarter-home-control-%E2%96%BE-alexa-skills-kit-%E2%96%BE-beta?b_id=712

I believe this will re-enable the skill for you:

Adding or Updating Devices

Should you add or update devices on your controller, you'll need to revisit the Alexa Portal by reclicking  the "Enable Skill" link in your "Amazon Alexa Beta: Participation Confirmed" email and then select your new devices to be controlled by Alexa.

Offline BullGator73

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »
Got it working again. Thank you.

Offline Mtanji

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 09:11:30 am »
Can you tell me how you got the skill re-enabled. I disabled the skill when it did not find any devices. I tried to add it back using my orginal email link. I get the sign in to Amazon screen but when I login in I get a HTTP 404 error stating it cannot find the page.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 09:36:40 am »
Hi Guys,

If you already got the Beta invitation and just want to re-link devices or want to add more, use the below link.

https://echo.getvera.com/users/login
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline chester40391

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:31 pm »
https://echo.getvera.com/amazon/alexa/devicelist

Doesnt work for me in Chrome or Edge, I am automatically forwarded to alexa.amazon.com.  I am taken to the device list in Firfox but I am missing many devices from the list. It appears the frame isn't fulling populating the list. I see some lights and HVAC. I dont see any scenes and missing many lights.

Offline JohnN

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 11:46:11 am »
https://echo.getvera.com/amazon/alexa/devicelist

Doesnt work for me in Chrome or Edge, I am automatically forwarded to alexa.amazon.com.  I am taken to the device list in Firfox but I am missing many devices from the list. It appears the frame isn't fulling populating the list. I see some lights and HVAC. I dont see any scenes and missing many lights.

Same issue here.

Offline Mtanji

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »
If you disabled your skill to change devices you can re-enable it in the Alexa app. go to skills. Look for the "Your Skills" in the upper right. Click on that and you will get a list of your skills including Vera. It gives you a choice to enable and takes you through device selection.

I will warn you I have never been able to get Alexa to discover my devices. There are many posts of device detection not working after disabling the skill the first time.

Good luck.

Offline sely

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 11:52:34 pm »
Marcs link doesn't work for me in Chrome or IE.  The only way I found to update devices is click on "CLICK HERE TO ENABLE SKILL" in the original Beta email that I got from Vera.  When you hoover over the email link the address is not https://echo.getvera.com/users/login
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:02:34 am by sely »

Offline piwaf

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:42:36 pm »
For what it's worth to others, I needed to remove all but one device from the enable skill screen before alexa would discover my devices. I believe I was able to add them all back in after, but had to go down to one at first.  I had renamed some devices in the vera and to get the changes into alexa I deleted the skill and attempted a re-add, which at first resulted in no devices found.