Author Topic: VeraPlus + Zstick  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: VeraPlus + Zstick
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »
Does vera transfer the existing network from the internal chip when doing this or are there additional steps for that?
Additional steps are required required. However, it is not a difficult process to add the Z-Stick to the existing Vera Z-Wave network and get a copy of it onto the Z-Stick.

@Chapin - Glad to hear that you got it working.

Kudos to tech support for resolving your issue so quickly. I hadn't even realized that they had added weekend service hours.

Offline Chapin

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 08:56:50 pm »
My zstick died and I am unable to get the new one to work with my VeraPlus.  It works with my VeraEdge.

I cannot change the Z-Wave Port Setting.  It is stuck on "/dev/ttyUSB1" which was correct for the old zstick.  Looking at SSH console, it appears to now be "/dev/ttyACM0" (same as it was for both Zsticks on my veraEdge).  I cannot set it to either "/dev/ttyACM0" or the default internal radio, "/dev/ttyS0".  When I try to change it, I get this message:"Failed to save system configuration."

What am I missing here?  I used to be able to make this change.  Other changes seem to work.

the new zstick works well on my Vera Edge and also on the PC with the Zensys diagnostic tool.

Offline Chapin

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 09:04:22 pm »
I'm getting the "Failed to save system configuration" when I try to create a new scene.  This seems deeper than the zstick.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 09:08:47 pm »
It's a FW bug. One of many.

You need to report it to CS, the more that do then the faster it gets fixed.
Honorable Member of the outrageous & epic smite thread. Smite me, I dare you.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.

Offline Chapin

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:59 pm »
It's a FW bug. One of many.

You need to report it to CS, the more that do then the faster it gets fixed.

I did, but would like a faster resolution.  Do they realize this is the core of our automation systems and should have close to 100% uptime?  And fast resolution when it does fail?

Nothing has changed on the Vera Plus between my two Zsticks, unless it auto updated in the 2 months I was without zstick.  Does the Vera Plus auto update?

Offline Chapin

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 10:30:00 pm »
I've loaded the Beta code and this is now working.

I hope the beta hasn't broken something else.

Online zedrally

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 11:45:52 pm »
It's broken, depending on what you use. I've been back & forth with CS since january trying to get a fix to configuration problems.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.

Offline Chapin

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 11:47:22 pm »
It's broken, depending on what you use. I've been back & forth with CS since january trying to get a fix to configuration problems.

The Beta firmware if broken?  What is broken with it?

I'm setting up scenes ok, I think.

Online zedrally

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »
as I wrote, it depends on what you use. I have devices that I cannot change config settings on.

Offline Chapin

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 11:57:57 pm »
as I wrote, it depends on what you use. I have devices that I cannot change config settings on.

Thanks.  Will keep this in mind if I run across something that doesn't work.

I expect we'll see an update soon to fix this.

Online zedrally

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 09:06:28 pm »

Thanks.  Will keep this in mind if I run across something that doesn't work.

I expect we'll see an update soon to fix this.

You can be sure that the next  update wil break  something  else.

Offline aldiallo-Vera+

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 10:01:46 am »
Hi all,

I have my Vera for little more than 10 months and I'm still learning how to take advantage of it. I'm interrested in this topic as I do have a Zstick on raspeberry-Pi that I rarely use, so might give it a shot and plug it into my VeraPlus, now my question is, once the Zstick plugged into the Vera, will Vera recognize it automatically and if yes will the Vera "transfert" automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick "acquiere" them from the Vera?

Thanks

Rgds

Al

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 08:09:23 am »
once the Zstick plugged into the Vera, will Vera recognize it automatically
No, as described in this thread, you will need to change Vera's configuration and point to the correct serial port that your Vera "sees" the Z-Stick on. If this thread isn't enough for you, there are many more threads on the forum going back years.

will the Vera "transfert" automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick "acquiere" them from the Vera?
No. in order to use the Z-Stick with your existing network of Z-Wave devices, you will first need to copy the network form Vera to the Z-Stick. To do this, you will need to add the Z-Stick to Vera, as you would add any other Z-Wave controller or remote. Then with the Z-Stick included into the network and the database of nodes copied over, the Z-Stick can be used when plugged into Vera.

Be sure to backup your Vera And your Z-Wave network before you do anything and have an unfortunate accident.

Offline aldiallo-Vera+

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 10:02:12 am »
once the Zstick plugged into the Vera, will Vera recognize it automatically
No, as described in this thread, you will need to change Vera's configuration and point to the correct serial port that your Vera "sees" the Z-Stick on. If this thread isn't enough for you, there are many more threads on the forum going back years.

will the Vera "transfert" automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick "acquiere" them from the Vera?
No. in order to use the Z-Stick with your existing network of Z-Wave devices, you will first need to copy the network form Vera to the Z-Stick. To do this, you will need to add the Z-Stick to Vera, as you would add any other Z-Wave controller or remote. Then with the Z-Stick included into the network and the database of nodes copied over, the Z-Stick can be used when plugged into Vera.

Be sure to backup your Vera And your Z-Wave network before you do anything and have an unfortunate accident.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, that's what I thought.

Rgds

Al