Author Topic: Restore device to last state before power loss...  (Read 546 times)

Offline fester

• Sr. Newbie
Restore device to last state before power loss...
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »
   I think I've mentioned this one before, but a "power fail restore" would be very nice indeed. Its done on stand alone software and a controller is the VERA lite not capable of having firmware which would permit this?

Offline reneboer

Re: Restore device to last state before power loss...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:52:11 am »
Hi,

This is not an option that your Vera (or any other) controller can simply do. Many if not most Z-wave devices do have the option build in, I'd look there if this is important for you and move the devices that do not have the option to functions you do not need it. To set the option, go to the device Device Options page and add the correct parameter and value.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline fester

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 02:43:23 pm »
How might one enable this default behavior on say intermatic or GE modules?

A bit of software who's "basic" software I used to use (until it was silently discontinued and buried in a shallow grave in the desert...), and IMHO was overpriced "bloatware" AND who's name cannot be said. Seemed to do it by storing the last poll data for each control module then re-sending that state when grid power came back up. Maybe it can't be easily done (I do recall a EE I worked with saying that "don't worry, we'll just do it in software...).

Offline reneboer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 04:59:50 am »
Hi fester,

You would need to look at the manual of the specific device. I personally do not have modules of those brands. But as an example for a Fibaro wall plug http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGWPx-102/FGWPx-102-EN-A-v1.00.pdf

In the Device Settings you would add a parameter. The set the parameter number to 16, select 1 byte decimal and a value of 1.

You can write a bit of LUA for it, but then you must be able to detect a power failure somehow and track the device statuses. And if your Vera also goes down with the power failure it will take sometime before it is up again to turn on the devices. Using the device capability makes you independent from the controller.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.