Author Topic: 11 Aug 2010 - UI4 status  (Read 76944 times)

Offline aland

Re: 11 Aug 2010 - UI4 status
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »
Afternoon from the UK

Installed the new release a few days ago and Vera has been up without an issue (was rebooting all the time before).  I have noticed that access from the iPad app and access via browser is much faster as well.   Also not one missed command on any events - was very hit and miss before.

(I noticed you fixed an issue where there were Sonos units on same network - I have 5 zoneplayers and it is co-existing happily now)

If this continues as well as it has for the last few days I will invest in further zwave modules.

Thanks

Alan

Offline fall-line

• Beta Testers
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »
Another smooth update to report from 1047 to 1183. The upgrade proceeded exactly as documented. Upon restarting vera all scenes and timers were working correctly.

Only ~24 hours into it so I can't comment on stability, though it is worth noting that I actually had very good experiences with the previous version. I haven't noticed much in the way of scene execution speed improvements, but it is nice to have a few of the bugs I'd been dealing with corrected. I will also be installing a USB drive to better handle the log volumes created by my growing network.

Happy user here! I'm looking forward to continuing to build my environment around the Vera.

Offline waltbru

A big thank-you to the Development Team
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 08:18:56 pm »
I received my Vera2 on Feb. 2, the day that version 1083 of UI4 was released.  So I benefitted immediately from this stable and full-featured version.   Without question, this product is outstanding and stands above the competitive products like Schlage Link and HomeSeer that require monthly subscriptions.   For the consumer who wants simple plug-and-play who is willing to be locked into a single vendor, those solutions might be ok but not for me and not for those who will want to take charge of their home automation.

As a software engineer of 30 years experience, I can say that it's obvious that a huge amount of coding, refinement, and hammering on the anvil of practical feedback went into UI4.  This is *the* product for those who want the widest possible z-wave vendor compatibility and functionality.  I am very happy with my purchase and the credit goes to the Dev Team (whoever they are) who made this outstanding product.

After reading these forums for years, watching the ripples being smoothed out before diving in myself, the other hobbyists who gave feedback clearly deserve substantial credit.  A tip of the hat to those pioneers.  They say you can tell a pioneer by the arrows in their backs....

And for those like myself who are technical but cautious, now is the time to jump into pool.  Put a fork in it, this product works reliably.  Nothing else matches it.

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
Any updates as of july 4th 2011?
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2011, 05:14:37 am »
@MCV

Its been almost a year since @MCV has blogged in this section and a lot has happened in those 12 months.
There have been major overhauls on the firmwares, the z-wave firmware as well as Vera's and there are rumours on hard and software releases.

IMHO, let the public know what can be told....
Im sure we would all love "fixed"  release dates (or good guesses) on the release of new firmwares for Vera, UI5 that is under construction and maybe updated hardware that everybody is longing to "see" .

Last but not least the wiki is under active construction (read "improved by users and MCV employees").
Release notes are frequently being updated, so maybe even a roadmap for the next 6 months would be doable....

We all reach our necks for news!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:10:16 pm by Henk »
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline MNB

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2011, 12:32:22 pm »
@Henk, I second your observations. I too tried to raise similar concerns in the "Beta version 1.1.1298 forum" and received a short curt note from MCV to the effect that "we'll have no wine before it time" response  :'( (my words). Mike
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline xAPPO

• xAP Automation
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36:54 pm »
A potential customer here !

A long while back I nearly bought a Vera but some issues I saw flagged here in the forums caused me to rethink.  Anyway just this week a new set of enthusiasm related to some other Z-Wave products made me decide to purchase one.   So doing a little homework I visited these forums starting naturally with this ' Company Blog ' topic to get up to speed with the latest news.

Not a single post from micasaverde in well over a year !! Even despite several users pleading for information.  Not even a mention of the imminent Vera 3 despite it shipping any day now - something I wouldn't have know unless I'd rummaged elsewhere and I could easily have become an instantly unhappy 'latest model' Vera 2 owner (as marketed on your UK sales sites).

Further posts in the forums show an inexcusable lack of response from micasaverde to many many questions both of a technical and marketing nature.    Months on end questions remain unanswered even though this lack or response is raised as a major issue throughout the forum by your customers.

micasaverde...  This forum is an essential sales tool for you ! Your marketing people , if you have any, should be ashamed, and replaced.  It looks like your products are good, maybe just what I want, but even with the greatest product offerings you will not attract customers this way. 

Is micasaverde going / gone ?  Should I feel comfortable buying a Vera 3 - because I don't currently.

K

PS I know it's probably not the best place to post , and certainly not OT -  but can't create new posts in this forum or the micasverde announcements one - which is also mostly dormant re product news.
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline zmistro

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2011, 09:57:42 pm »
They don't care , They claim they do not have the time.
Yes Vera 3 is on the way!

Offline bcbix001

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:37 am »
They don't have time to respond!  I tend to agree with the previous poster that this forum is very likely a valuable marketing resource....or a barrier to new purchasers.  Based on issues I've had with my thermostat dropping offline I've been reading these forums looking for hope that improvements are coming.  I would not recommend the Vera 2 or 3 to friends as my opinion is that MiCasa ignores users and the software feels like a perpetual beta.  Whenever my system is working, I am always nervous that it will fail and I won't be able to figure out why and no answers will be available from MiCasa.  When I've tried MiCasa tech support, they blame the thermostat and tech support for the thermostat (Radiothermostat) blames the controller.  This may be a good controller if you buy it as a part of a system from a local installer who can swap parts in / out until you get combinations that work but it has not been very stable for me and it is very expensive buy new parts or alternative parts to troubleshoot problems.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:32 am »
bumb...

no news is good news so they say...

still any update on the current progress or anything (no we dont wanna know when one gets one coffee :-p )  would be appreciated :-)
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline chixxi

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:52 am »
Just so you know, a new firmware has been released last Friday:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,33.0.html

But it's not about UI4...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
6 maart 2012 - UI5 status
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
all is well.. having coffee.. [redacted]!
.. enjoying life..
 ;D
ow yeah btw this new beta build is online !
no no dont be afraid it wont make your device more instable just the functionality is a bit of a try-before-you-die concept lol
and before i forget... check the beta section as here the candidates are released and lost  ;D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:48:57 pm by JOD »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl