Author Topic: Siren On / Off cannot be selected in scenes - Only Arm / Disarm available  (Read 529 times)

Offline stewpot100

Is anyone else having problems getting their siren to operate in scenes using the web / browser Vera interface?

The problem is also visible using the Android app... and I can see there's a known issue with the latest U17 firmware operating a siren (Siren On/Off button not working in Scenes (Android)), but I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is the same thing.

Using the web / browser Vera interface I can now see two buttons associated with each of my Everspring SE812 sirens... One button for On / Off & one for Arm / Disarm.  This wasn't the case when I first installed them a year or so ago when there was only On / Off.

The On/ Off button activates the siren OK when operated manually via the Vera browser interface, but when trying to create a scene, or when trying to activate the siren manually via the Android app, only the Arm / Disarm  button is shown, which has no effect on the siren when activated (either via a scene or manually).

One of my old scenes works OK (because I set it up before the change / fault occurred)... but I can no longer create any new scenes that will operate the sirens, nor can I activate them manually via the Android App.

Removing & re-associating the sirens didn't help either.

Is this all part of the same known Android issue above?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:30:21 pm by stewpot100 »

Online shallowearth

Re: Siren On / Off cannot be selected in scenes - Only Arm / Disarm available
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:27:02 am »
Have you looked in the advanced setting of the scene to see if it can be set there?

Offline stewpot100

Thanks shallowearth... I appreciate your help.  The Advanced settings helped me sort it.
There's still a problem with the Vera mobile app interface and the way Vera displays the siren switches... but at least I can get the scenes working again.
Presumably the Vera team are working on a fix for the next firmware release.

Offline fepalmytho

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:17:52 am »
Hi Stewpot,
I hope you solved your problem, as i have exactly the same one.
A few month, year ago, i had only one switch, and now, UI7, i have the two switch "Arm/disarmed" and "On/Off".
But i'm more lucky, as i can set the siren from luup code, to switch it on or not (i mean sound).
I still don't understand the functionnality for the Siren to be armed or not...
Anyway, for me it works for what i want(but i have the same problem from the Android app, when the Siren is on (sounding), i can't swith it off, as i only have the Arm/Disarmed switch displayed, and nothing happens when i swap it), but i have an issue, and here i go:
I use to have the Siren appear in the Panel Mode, on the second section "if one of those sensors are armed and tripped, what happens...".
But now, the Siren disappeared.
So i had to create a scene to turn on the Siren when one of the sensors are tripped.
The thing is that the scene does not wait for the "30" seconds i've set in the Panel Mode, to wait to do something after sensor triggered...
I use to have a code luup, dealing with all those delays (like we all did i suppose), but i decided to remove it and use the builtin code linked to the Panel Mode.
My first investigation is that, as my Siren does not appears anymore there, i need to understand why.
Could you please tel me:
If your Siren appears in the Panel Mode.
If yes, can you give me its "Category_num"? (for me 3 for now, and the Siren is showed in the Devices Panel as a light and plug)
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Fred.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:25:51 am by fepalmytho »

Offline fepalmytho

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 02:40:00 am »
Hi it's me again, i auto reply... ;D
I was looking this morning for a list of categories numbers, but i don't know why i've missed it from google, and suddenly trying again, i've found it:
http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories
So i just changed the Category_num from 3 to 24, and now the Siren appears in the Panel Mode (under what to do if one of the above sensors are triggered).
But i have to do some test, as i don't understand really the functionnality of this Panel...
As i did a try, when i switch to "AWAY", my sensors are armed, and also my Siren (even if i didn't set it anywhere??, i guess it's automatically done by UI7..). Then, when i trigger a sensor, my Siren goes On (blast).(30 secs after, with the delay set).
But ...how do i set the end of the blast? it will last for ever?....
Or do i need to create a scene that will stop the Siren?
Help to understand that...
Anyway, the category_num has obviously no impact on this:
I still have the two buttons switch , with this "arm/disarmed".
(the only guess for me was to arm disarm the tamper trigger switch (the metallic switch inside the device, but i unmounted it to change the batteries, and even on disarmed mode, the Siren blast off, destroying my ears, and barking my dog...)
If someone reads, and have an idea, just let us know!
Have a nice day,
Fred.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:52:55 am by fepalmytho »

Offline lakewoodjazz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 08:42:53 am »
My siren is a Fortrezz and it associated with Vera UI7 as a D_DimmableLight1.xml.
Then you set it to work by a range in the Dimming part of your scene. I don't remember the exact numbers but 0-33 flash, 34-66 sounder, 67-100 sound & flash. See if yours associated like my brand on your advanced page. The GUI shows an on off button that works manually but for a scene you must set a dimming level.