Author Topic: It was a XMAS MIRACLE... and i'm jewish! UI7 finally working with 1.7.2414  (Read 781 times)

Offline Aaron

Yes, after the 4th try (across 6 months), it is finally working well enough to use!  I could never get the Motion Sensors to work on UI7, until I installed 1.7.2414 on XMAS day.

My main problem was that the sensors would do to dreaded "Cant connect to device" even after pairing. And if they didnt show that error, the motion just never triggered.

so it seems that all my Motion Sensor problems are gone... I also installed additional Fibaro and Monoprice multi sensors

I still get the "Cant connect device" error on the following:  Wink Connect & ISY Controller  -- but they seem fully functional

Next step is to clean up things and figure out newer UI7 features and how to leverage...
- Vera Alerts still necessary
- Home Modes with & without PLEG
- new PLEG features
etc

Offline Aaron

Re: It was a XMAS MIRACLE... and i'm jewish! UI7 finally working with 1.7.2414
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:58:23 am »
I spoke too soon. The system is mainly usable BUT...
2 motion sensors that are now not reporting and getting the error.
"ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events" occurs randomly - sometimes hours after a reboot/reload hat seemed to go just fine

Amazing that there is no rhyme or reason to it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:02:47 am by Aaron »

Offline Zoro

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »
I spoke too soon. The system is mainly usable BUT...
2 motion sensors that are now not reporting and getting the error.
"ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events" occurs randomly - sometimes hours after a reboot/reload hat seemed to go just fine

Amazing that there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Hi Aaron

I recently experienced something similar. After having the Vera Plus controller on the shelf for almost a year I decided UI7 was mature enough. I have 16 EZMotion+ devices and after installing  1.7.2414 I was able to transition MOST of the devices. I needed to re-pair the delinquent devices and received randomly the error "ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events." I know they say you don't need to run "heal" with z-wave+ but I did. It took more than 24 hours but the system seems much more stable now.

Z

Offline Aaron

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 04:53:54 pm »

I finally got the two devices working. I had to trick vera into configuring them again. It wouldn't do it initially, say 9 they were already configured. So... If you force the device to replace, it wipes the configuration. Then you remove/install the battery and then run configure node now.

It will reconfigure and work again. Took twice per device but it definitely removed and readded zwave routes.

Still, spill it... How did you run a heal? :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk