Author Topic: UI7 Dashboard Alerts are Old - still show even after I delete them?  (Read 284 times)

Offline Aaron

How come the alerts in the dashboard are old (minutes to days) and even after I delete them, they still show. Heck, they are not even in order of age?

This is very confusing - when they are deleted they should no longer show, anywhere... yes?

screenshot attached.

thx for the help

Offline Greybeardvacationrental

• Sr. Newbie
Re: UI7 Dashboard Alerts are Old - still show even after I delete them?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:27:12 am »
Hi Aaron,

Not sure if it's been fixed but this is what I do to get rid of them.  I created a manually triggered scene with the following in the "Also execute the following Luup code"

os.execute("rm /etc/cmh/alerts.json")
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "Reload", {}, 0)

You would then go to Users & Accounts Info ----> Alerts

Delete all the alerts you want to in here (much easier than each x on the dashboard).  Then go out to the Scenes and run  your manually triggered scene with the Luup code.  When you log out and log back into the system the alerts would be gone.  Hope this helps. 

Offline Aaron

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 04:08:13 pm »
Hi Aaron,

Not sure if it's been fixed but this is what I do to get rid of them.  I created a manually triggered scene with the following in the "Also execute the following Luup code"

os.execute("rm /etc/cmh/alerts.json")
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "Reload", {}, 0)

You would then go to Users & Accounts Info ----> Alerts

Delete all the alerts you want to in here (much easier than each x on the dashboard).  Then go out to the Scenes and run  your manually triggered scene with the Luup code.  When you log out and log back into the system the alerts would be gone.  Hope this helps.

I created a scene and ran it... it didnt clear the alerts but it triggered Vera to restart (crashed Vera)

So, I ran the code under Apps and it worked, no issues and the Alerts cleared as expected.

thx for the help.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 11:22:54 am »
The issue came back... I show alerts that are 30 minutes old and some that are 3 and 4 days old.

I opened a ticket and they said it will show the last 10 alerts even if you delete all of the alerts.

This is clearly a bug. Not major for me because I almost never use the Vera native interface or app (the mobile version is nearly unusable) but still they should acknowledge and fix the bugs with alert display

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Greybeardvacationrental

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:58:17 am »
Odd.  I logged on about an hour ago and I had 10 alerts.  All I did was went to the Users & Accounts ---> Alerts.  Pulled up the alerts for the week.  Deleted them.  Logged out and logged back on and the Alerts on my dashboard are gone.  I was thinking... Oh... they fixed it!  I'm using a Vera 3 with version 1.7.902 if that helps at all.  At least for my unit bug is fixed :)  And the scene I have has always worked prior to this for nearly 3 years.  So not sure what's going on with your unit or why they would tell you that.  Sorry.