Author Topic: [UI7] ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events ... randomly occurs  (Read 411 times)

Offline Aaron

After a reboot I don't get any errors but then an hour or so later BAM... "ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events"

Is there any way to figure out if this is a real error caused by a plugin or a scene (and how to figure out where the error is occurring)-- or is this another UI7 Bug?

I'm amazed (I know I shouldn't be) that this completely useless error message still exists.... or is it because MIOS is crap and has Sh$t debug capabilities?

thx for the help

Offline reneboer

Re: [UI7] ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events ... randomly occurs
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:45:05 am »
Hi Aaron,

In my case it was always due to some error in the LUA code of one of my scenes. If that triggered under the right (or wrong?) condition I'd get the error. You can try an eagle eye on the log file and see if you can find it.

Good luck finding it.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Aaron

Re: [UI7] ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events ... randomly occurs
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »
seems to have 'gone away' ... the only changes I made to the system was deleting some unneeded device notifications and having Vera Alerts update itself afterwards. I suspect there was old info in Vera Alerts that was trying to load and Vera didnt like it.

Man, MIOS is simply crap. Reminds me of Windows 3.1 ... constant problems but you were so committed to it for the apps you ran it was too painful to move away from. As the saying goes...  damn'd if you, damn'd if you don't