Author Topic: Vera Edge constantly switches back to NIGHT mode.  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Crm1975

• Sr. Newbie
Vera Edge constantly switches back to NIGHT mode.
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:59:11 pm »
Ever since the recent Software upgrade my Vera switches back into Night mode within 5 minutes of changing it to HOME mode.  I have motion sensors that turn on alarms and it sucks to have these alrams going off all the time when I am home. 

Anyone else have this issue and/or a fix?   

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Vera Edge constantly switches back to NIGHT mode.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:11:32 pm »
I have only 1 scene that switched house modes to Night. Perhaps there is a scene or some PLEG logic to investigate?
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:23:02 am »
Following this before I do the update

Offline Crm1975

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »
I don't have any PLEG logic on mine.  I manually switch to Night mode via my phone or Zwave controller each night.   I timed it and it was 5 minutes between the time I manually switched it to HOME mode and then it would switch back to NIGHT mode.

I am not sure why, but I made a slight change to my HOME Geo location just to re-save it and then the issue went away

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:23:54 pm »
It's usually something simple. Since the modes aren't automatic, you just have to remember what, if anything, was set up to modify them....

Offline g14n7

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:07:06 am »
Hi, same issue here, have anyone solved for sure?, I have a real NIGHTmare whit this

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 12:12:19 pm »
Look into whatever you have that changes the mode. It may be as simple as making a slight modification ad re-saving it. That's all it took for the other guy to fix his issue...

Offline Crm1975

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 08:59:54 pm »
I continue to get this issue when I change my mode to "NIGHT" mode or AWAY mode using my Samsung app, when I try and change it back to HOME it stays for about 5 minutes and then switches back the previous mode.. Either AWAY or or NIGHT depending on what it was in previously.  Really sucks turning off alarms only to walk thru the house 5 minutes later and have them kick back on.

I wonder if there is something messed up in their mobile app.  The only way to stop it is to open up Geo location and resize my area a little bit and save it. 

Offline g14n7

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Look into whatever you have that changes the mode. It may be as simple as making a slight modification ad re-saving it. That's all it took for the other guy to fix his issue...

Negative Mike, It just started after last upgrade, I mean I did nothing but upgrade, i don?t  even have the Geo fence feature active as Crm1975, I have to stay alert on my phone for about 25 minutes changing modes until the system gets an apparent stabilization and ramains in Home mode, real annoying situation

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 05:44:59 pm »
I get that. Question is, WHAT is causing it to change modes in the first place???

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »
I have had a similar experience being out of town for a week. I had set my mode to Vacation, which sets the thermostat to 60F, as well as the usual arming of things. I would occasionally check on it and sometimes the mode was Away, and sometimes Home. Looking at my Night and Morning Scenes, they ran in all modes.  I have removed the Vacation mode so next time I leave home, it should stay on Vacation. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:40:22 pm by Don Phillips »
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline robie

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 02:04:51 am »
On my upgraded vera plus, it switches to away mode by itself from home mode. Annoying. Im worried that it will do the opposite and open my doors in the middle of the night if it switches to home

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 10:47:17 am »
The modes are not automatic. There is something changing them. Find out what it is and go from there...

Offline mizzstepwhyte

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:53 pm »
I'm having the same problem.  I also have the Day-Night plugin that hasn't been working right with my scenes.  I wonder if there's a conflict after the latest update.  Do you have the plugin as well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline robie

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 11:01:59 pm »
The modes are not automatic. There is something changing them. Find out what it is and go from there...

It was all working fine before the upgrade.  Either they implemented something new without notice or the new firmware has a bug.  I tried troubleshooting and even reconfiguring everything from scratch (for an entire day!), i still have the problem.  At this point, the only logical problem is the firmware.