Author Topic: Vera Edge constantly switches back to NIGHT mode.  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Vera Edge constantly switches back to NIGHT mode.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:42:10 am »
Until resolved, you may want to create a scene that notifies you of the change so you can take immediate action.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 01:19:38 pm »
Maybe, but I don't have an Edge so I can't help you there. I have a Plus and the latest firmware update caused me no issues. How do you manage the house modes?

Offline g14n7

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 08:26:49 pm »
Maybe, but I don't have an Edge so I can't help you there. I have a Plus and the latest firmware update caused me no issues. How do you manage the house modes?

Mike would you mind let me know, if its not a problem, which kind of mobile device do you use to manage your system (Android, IOS, windows)?, I'm suspecting that the problem is not the system but all about the mobile application.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 03:25:43 pm »
Well, I have an android phone and I use tasker to set various switches using the multi-switch plugin. What you suspect is very likely as Vera doesn't manage the house modes on it's own. Try turning the phone off and changing the house mode. With the phone off, it would be unable to change it back. If there's ANYTHING else you've set up to change the house mode, whether it's a scene, or a PLEG action, it should be suspect as well. As funny as it sounds, these little things can drive you crazy looking for them...

Offline g14n7

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 10:42:54 pm »
In fact, I'm controlling with Android Imperihome app (something similar in connection to tasker, I presume you are using AutoVera), but I have the Vera app because of the push notification, now going to test whit IOS app, but I'm realizing that the constant is the Vera app, thank you Mike.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 10:01:43 am »
I'm familiar with ImperiHome as well. I use it as well.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »
I'm sure I saw in the release notes for the latest firmware that they fixed a bug in the ios app where the house mode changes when opening the app.

Offline g14n7

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 02:06:48 pm »
Just for the record, IOS app no issues, keep the android app close works for me, although it was not necessary to uninstall it, so I can keep getting push notifications :)

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »
Good to hear you found the problem. I don't understand why it affected you and not me, but hey. :)

Offline RidingTheZWave

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »
From the symptoms described in this thread, I am wondering if any of you have Linear/Gocontrol WAPIRZ-1 motion sensors in your setup? The latest firmware breaks the functionality of this motion sensor and causes weird issues such as house modes not working correctly. You need to engage customer support to fix this issue. Click on the thread below for further details:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,41086.0.html

Offline vskwong

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 04:48:59 am »
I had the same problem after upgrading to the newest firmware on my Veraplus. The unintended mode switching was caused by the Lua crashes because of the WAPIRZ-1 in my Z-network. Whenever the WAPIRZ-1 was triggered, the Lua engine would crash. After removing the WAPIRZ-1, the problem was solved. You can check your Lua log to see if there's any crash. Just search for the word "crash" in your log.

Offline kilroy30

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 08:43:40 pm »
I'm having the same problem. I have the same device in my system to trigger events. I know you say to remove them to stop the system from switching back on its own, but did you try to add them again and get the same problem?

Thanks, Jim

Offline Andrew

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 06:07:19 am »
I'm getting the same problem after installing the latest beta firmware in the hope of getting an 'Alexa fix' for the UK. Alexa still not seeing devices but now my system keeps switching to night mode every few minutes.  Seems to be being caused by "device #1" resetting the system and causing Lua to reload. I can't find a physical device #1

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 12:38:52 pm »
I believe device #1 IS Vera...

Offline Andrew

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:12 pm »
Had to roll back to 1.7.2406 to solve my 'switching to night mode every 5 mins' problem. Seems stable again...fingers crossed!